RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:54:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | CinciClassic Gaming EXPO ! any interest in it coming back ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CinciClassic Gaming EXPO ! any interest in it coming back ?  (Read 1742 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »

I emailed the creators of CinciClassics, and they are willing to do it again if I can help with the planning and organization. I’m willing if the interest is still out there to have another on (last one was 2006) I would love to do it next year, but we may have to have a 10 year anniversary Convention, please let me know.  Also any Ideas on where we could hold it would be nice also, I was thinking in the Mason area around Kings Island.

Here is the official Site. http://cinciclassic.org/

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »

06 hell has it been that long?!

I'd LOVE to check out more cons but really not sure if/when it will be feasible for me to do so.

I could have sworn this had a fantastic turnout when it last ran... Didn't it just stop because the organizers didn't pursue it? Or couldn't get the same venue again...?(Maybe i am confusing it with a different event. I think the Midwest Gaming Classic had both of those problems.)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »

Organizers didn't have time, I will do the foot work and find a place and they will help back it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »

I'd LOVE to check out more cons but really not sure if/when it will be feasible for me to do so.

This

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »

I want to get one if the conference areas near kings island theme park so you can play games and ride rides

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »

It's certainly close enough for me to come out for a day, but not really close enough to be of much help. I'd be happy to promote it on the podcast, and could put together a panel if you needed it.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »

Thanks duke, I will keep you informed, right now I'm looking at places and to brake even I would have to charge about 30 a booth for the weekend and get 30 vendors, that is for us not to charge to get in.  But I'm still looking at places

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

I don't think a small admission fee is too terrible, but lining up vendors is important.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »

^
Agreed.

Vendors go in knowing they are going to have to pay for a space. Depending on how large your booth space would be 30$s might be a steal. When my mother sold crafts i think they regularly payed 50-100+$s for an area in the neighborhood of 12x12 maybe smaller or larger depending on the event.

Visitors also should be willing to pay a couple bucks to get in the door. When is the last time you went anywhere and it was free? I don't think 10 bucks is asking too much for a days admission if you have the stuff to justify the price.
If you don't really have the stuff to justify charging admission even if it is free people won't be willing to return.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »

30 would be for a table and power for game systems or what ever, I want to have some of each system to play and of course tournaments and one has to be 10 player saturn bomberman.  I have talked to two places, but I was told to talk to some of the malls it might be cheaper to get a store front for a weekend rather then a hotel convetion center.  I have never done this before Smiley but I want to make it happen.  I will just need to get a space and hopefully, if I get a date and a place then I can call and find sponsores

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 11:39:48 PM »

Try reaching out to the other cons for advice, like TooManyGames. The guys that do the Retro Gaming Roundup podcast are putting CGE together this year, so their forums may also be a way to ask some questions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length