RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:22:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Add Steam Games to Collection via Web API 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Add Steam Games to Collection via Web API  (Read 2370 times)
Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« on: March 27, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

I think it would be a very nice tool if you could log into your steam account via Valve's Steam Web API and add all your steam games to your RF Generation collection.

It looks like it shouldn't be too difficult to add. There is a function GetOwnedGames that should be able to do most of the heavy lifting.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:02:27 AM »

Admittedly, this is not a bad idea. Steam was added after I was frustrated that people kept putting Steam games under the IBM PC category, but now that people are using it - how many would like this feature? It would certainly be a "nice to have" feature, I think.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »

i'd love it but my only concern is the games that show up in steam library as multiple entries for multiplayer and singleplayer. would there be anyway to manually select which titles you import?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »

i'd love it but my only concern is the games that show up in steam library as multiple entries for multiplayer and singleplayer. would there be anyway to manually select which titles you import?

Believe it or not, we use the Part # field to match the CDR database for steam. We can do a match based on that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length