RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:10:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Gamernick's - My Other Collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gamernick's - My Other Collection  (Read 1028 times)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:18 AM »

Hey everyone!  Clearly I collect video games.  But what most of you don't know is I collect a few other things as well...No it isn't salt and pepper shakers, or shot glasses, or teddy bears, not even cookie jars.  I collect another great past time of collecting...I collect sports cards! Mostly baseball but I do have quite a bit of football...and sadly basketball cards (trying to get rid of those).  I also collect toys..but those pictures will be for another day.  I have an estimate of over a million baseball cards, I have been put in the newspaper and a collector magazine years and years ago when I was teenager talking about my card collection.  My favorite player is Cal Ripken I have over 5,000 cards of him (yes doubles, triples, etc.)  My cards range from 1957 to Current day.  I have Topps Baseball sets from 1981 to 2013.  I am currently working on the 2014, my dad gets the hobby set from the store for every Christmas and I build my own every year since Topps packs are still pretty cheap to come by.   I have tons of sets from all different brands, including a 1989 Upper Deck first year set with a graded Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie Card.  So for those who think I have a ton of video games my baseball card collection is quite extensive as well.  Engel762 can attest to that Grin as he as seen it multiple times. Another note is I do have quite a few Non-Sport cards like DC Comic Sets, Batman Sets, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sets (the original turtles cartoons & movie sets) including unopened wax boxes of TMNT as well.  Star Trek sets, and so on and so forth...again not counted in my Baseball Card collection which again ranks in the millions.  The pictures I have are of 80% of my collection while the other part is at my grandparents house where they are kept in a locked room. 

Here are some pictures of my card collection.

Picture 1:

Both shelves in this picture are filled top to bottom with boxes of cards...all alphabetized, with the second shelf on the right from the second shelf down is sets from there on down.  The cards in the front there is two rows of boxes all filled with cards that I am currently alphabetizing.

Picture 2:

This picture shows shelf three which has the rest of my sets, the third shelf down is my card albums and then some video game stuff on it.  The book shelf on the side has my Baseball Related books while it also has some Clive Cussler books and more.  The stuff in the front of the Second Shelf on the left in the smaller big boxes is my Football Cards, and the stuff on the right are some extra empty albums and empty small small card boxes. 

Picture 3:

The pink Tote is full of baseball sets as is the light blue, and dark blue tote. The little blue tote has becketts in it.

Well hope you all enjoyed this little bit of wonder into my head. If you guys have any questions or comments please feel free to say them on here or send me a message. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »

Reminds me Nick... I have some cards to send your way. We need to work out that deal for something, sometime... or just move down here. Wink

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »

Oh man, I have some cards too. I'll have to PM you about dumping bestowing some stuff on you. Not cheap to ship though.

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »

Reminds me Nick... I have some cards to send your way. We need to work out that deal for something, sometime... or just move down here. Wink

Moving down there sounds great :-)

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »

Oh man, I have some cards too. I'll have to PM you about dumping bestowing some stuff on you. Not cheap to ship though.

Let me know lol it might be easier to ship piece by piece haha

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

Possibly adding another 5000+ baseball cards from a local store here.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length