RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:41:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PREPARE YOURSELVES... it's on its way. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PREPARE YOURSELVES... it's on its way.  (Read 6256 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

It's the fourth chapter in the ongoing Skylanders saga, coming this fall:

http://www.skylanders.com/trapteam

What, I'm gonna need yet another new portal for this?  Angry Sheesh...

Oh, well... better see if G*meSt*p is offering a preorder for a Dark Edition starter set.  freakboy

BRB
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »

So 2-3 more years before they kill that genre?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »

So 2-3 more years before they kill that genre?

If not sooner.

I'm already wondering what kind of gimmick innovation they'll roll out for Skylanders 5...
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:56:35 AM »

Zag, not to change the subject, but I finished Giants last weekend and I think I'm done with the series. The first game was killer. The second one was clearly phoned in. I beat the final boss (on normal) in about five minutes with a character who was only level 6 at the time. The final boss in the first game was so epic and challenging that I went back and did the final battle multiple times. This one was a pushover in the worst way. I enjoyed the game overall but it was so full of these kinds of disappointing design choices that I don't think I'll ever need to go back. If I do, I'll just go replay the first game.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:38:04 AM »

The last boss on Giants was ANNOYING...not a challenge. The fact that you had to do a speedrun on it just killed it for me.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:31:55 AM »

Hey now,

Zag, not to change the subject, but I finished Giants last weekend and I think I'm done with the series. The first game was killer. The second one was clearly phoned in. I beat the final boss (on normal) in about five minutes with a character who was only level 6 at the time. The final boss in the first game was so epic and challenging that I went back and did the final battle multiple times. This one was a pushover in the worst way. I enjoyed the game overall but it was so full of these kinds of disappointing design choices that I don't think I'll ever need to go back. If I do, I'll just go replay the first game.

The last boss on Giants was ANNOYING...not a challenge. The fact that you had to do a speedrun on it just killed it for me.

One thing that irked me about Giants was how short it was, like a glorified DLC add-on.  It's not too bad when you play it while tanked on Disaronno and Strongbow Cider, though.  Wink

Hear ya about the differences in the final boss battle, though. I sacrificed at least eight characters to bring Kaos down in Spyro's Adventure. I've gone back to it a few times , and managed to get it down to five. Not so much the case in the Giants finale.

However, I thought they had a pretty good comeback with Swap Force. Kinda annoying that you need a new portal for it, though. If you're willing to give it a shot on the cheap, it'll likely be on blowout around the time Trap Team drops.

'Late
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »

To be honest, I have a PS4 copy of Swap Force I got on Black Friday thinking I'd be getting a PS4 soon. I since have decided not to get a PS4 soon. So what I'm saying is I will eventually play Swap Force, but it might not be until about next Christmas.

I neglected to mention that I did enjoy using Flashwing, whom I got from Zagnorch for Christmas, so thanks again for that Zag.

However, the best Skylander of all time is clearly Drobot. I mean come on, he's a goddamned combination of a dragon and a robot. Case closed.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »

To be honest, I have a PS4 copy of Swap Force I got on Black Friday thinking I'd be getting a PS4 soon. I since have decided not to get a PS4 soon. So what I'm saying is I will eventually play Swap Force, but it might not be until about next Christmas.

I've always been partial to playing the Skylanders games on Nintendo platforms, myself. Probably because the Wii U versions of Giants and Swap Force give you different controller options. I've found the 3DS games surprisingly good, too. Sadly, I got the XBox 360 release of the Dark Edition Swap Force starter set 'cuz the Wii U version was sold out by the time I was ready to preorder. I'm definitely NOT gonna make that same mistake this time 'round...

I neglected to mention that I did enjoy using Flashwing, whom I got from Zagnorch for Christmas, so thanks again for that Zag.

Flashwing and Dino-Rang are the only two earth-element figures I like to play with.

However, the best Skylander of all time is clearly Drobot. I mean come on, he's a goddamned combination of a dragon and a robot. Case closed.

Easily the best ranged-attack Skylander; his laser blasts can go from one end of the screen to another. And you can keep the fire button pushed down for him to fire continuously. He's the most-often-used tech Skylander in my arsenal-- even more so than Trigger Happy, I'm ashamed to admit.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:37:51 AM »

@Zag: I'm not looking forward to buying another portal either. I recently finished Swap Force and while I liked it I'm not sure I will be picking up Trap Force on release. I'm thinking I'll try the original first.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

Just four days to go. You must resist the urge to worship the pretenders to the throne... even if they do have super-heroes and-- very soon-- jedi knights on their side.

I know several have fallen already, but you must stand strong! DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE FALSE IDOLS! THE POWER OF LORD EON COMPELS YOU, MY BRETHREN!

I'll look the other way with the Super Smash Bros. Amiibo figures, though... except for the Pokemon ones of course.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 11:31:17 PM »

except for the Pokemon ones of course.

Respect your elders!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »

I'd rather put 'em in the retirement home. How's THAT for respect. huh?

Hold on a second, Andrew Dragon Dice Clay wants to say something.

Hey, why don'cha respect THIS elder... ALL TWELVE INCHES OF IT! OH!!!

F*ckin'-a, Dice! F*CK... IN'... A!!!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »

Nothing to see here carry on.

DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

Dark Edition arrived last night, picked up the Target exclusives this morning (Water Trap, Nitro Krypt Knight).
Will likely look into getting the Legendaries from TRU this weekend.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »

Damn, haven't found the Tarjay water trap yet.

Got the Nitro Krypt King, though. Which is good, 'cuz he's more awesome than all the Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 figures combined!

You know this to be true; don't lie to yourself like you do a lot.

UPDATE: Just got the trap. Better than getting the clap...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:56:44 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length