RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 02:34:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Composite Generation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Composite Generation  (Read 2197 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:15:21 AM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Composite Generation site will be archived permanently at its current location.  Right now, the boards there are closed. (They were entirely independent of these boards so your post counts from yesterday won't show up here.)  I will however be looking for a way to lock them so no new posts can be made but at the same time have all of the messages there public and viewable.  I'll post here when that happens.

On a side note, we had two or three times as much activity as normal from many of you, so hopefully that carries over back to the reallly real site for real.  We even had a member signup yesterday, so hopefully that person realized that we were all screwing around, and didn't think we were a bunch of crazies, never to return again.

I'd like to thank Dave Murnan (TraderJake) for the idea that spawned the spoof site.  He originally came up with an idea to do a fake banner featuring "Composite Generation" and "Put it on Video 1!"  I made the images you saw yesterday, but realized they didn't match the color scheme of the current site....  and I wanted to do a bit more.  Pretty soon I was going all out.  Eddie (St0rmTK421) and Dave helped me with content and setup.  I had a very hard time not telling any members or staff people what we were up to...  and that's the story of the formerly second greatest site on the internet: Composite Generation.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 12:16:48 AM by admin » Logged

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 03:20:20 AM »

That was one of the funniest April Fool's jokes I've seen in a long while.  I just about died laughing when I realized what was actually going on.  Good job!

- Zac
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 08:37:50 AM »

as soon as i saw the site, i knew what was going on, but it was hilarious all the same

i loved how it still had all my games listed, but only recognized xbox, pc, and psp

nice job guys.....that was some awesome planning

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 09:50:38 AM »

nice work guys, that was a fun bit of goofing off. and pretty damn funny too.

almost as funny as this:

the reallly real site for real.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:52:48 PM »

Man I need to look at my calander more often.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 02:17:42 PM »

I just received this e-mail in my mailbox:

Hi,

I took a look at your site a couple of hours ago...
and I want to tell you that I'd really love to trade links with you. I think
your site has some really good stuff related to my site's topic of cables
and would be a great resource for my visitors as it deals with some great
aspects of cables that I'd like to give my visitors more information about.

In fact, I went ahead and added your site to my Cables HQ Resource Directory at
http://www.cables-hq.com/compositecables

Is that OK with you?

Can I ask a favor? Will you give me a link back on your site? I'd really
appreciate you returning the favor.

Thanks and feel free to drop me an email if you'd like to chat more about
this.

Best wishes,

Clare
http://www.cables-hq.com
info@cables-hq.com

I don't know if one of you submitted the site, but this is downright hilarious.  The link to RF Generation is indeed on the composite cables links page of that directory.  All of the other links on that page are for cable and video sites, and then there is RF Generation.  Nevermind that it could have been put on the RF page where it also does not belong, but this is just hilarious.  I'm not even sure what to think.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »

Well they do have a thing on there to add categories so you could ask them to add a video game category.
I thikn that is pretty damn funny though.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 03:08:24 PM »

laugh laugh laugh

- Zac
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »

That's hysterical, they must have some bot that searches for sites using keywords like Composite, RF & cables (all of which show up on the home page).  Looks like their bot needs some tweaking.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length