RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NBA Finals (2014) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NBA Finals (2014)  (Read 19548 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »

The San Antonio Spurs' string of five championships in six finals appearances over the last sixteen seasons make them one of the most under-the-radar pro sports dynasties ever. Only the Hell-A Fakers have claimed five titles in that same stretch. But hey, they're the freakin' Lakers, so they get a helluva lot more attention than every other team in the NBA, and have a legendary championship tradition.

Oddly enough, until this year, the Spurs won all their titles in odd-numbered years.  Perhaps last year's finals loss flipped things around? If so, does this mean we might not see another Spurs championship until 2016? Or, if they make it next year, will they lose? Something to think about...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:37:15 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »

They've gotta win fast if Duncan & Ginobili are gonna be a part of that push. If Kawhi Leonard continues his exceptional play they might not have to though. San Antonio built their team through the draft and a lot of those vets stuck with them the whole time. I respect that a lot, especially when they took down a team that was a superstar assembly.

What about LeBron? Is he leaving Miami? Some folks are saying SA would be his best fit LMAO. My team, the Rockets are going all in for him or Carmelo Anthony
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:50:30 PM by h1ghw1nd » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »

I have been hearing about three possibilities for James and Anthony.

1. Anthony simply joining the Heat and James continuing with the team.

2. Both teaming up and going to the Lakers

3. Both going to Cleveland....Wait a minute...yup...I DID read this correctly.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 12:22:49 AM »

Haha the Cleveland scenario would be CRAZY. One thing I've heard could be telling of what James would do is whether or not Bosh and Wade pick up their super high $ options. I guess they think James is trying to get another max contract?

I feel like if he leaves Miami it's gonna be fuel for everyone that already didn't like "The Decision."
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 04:04:08 AM »

He will go to whatever team will pay him the most, (just like every other star player with an ego does in any sport), and if they fail, he will say everyone else is holding him back; and if they succeed, he will take all the credit for making it happen just like he has done with the Heat. I'm thankful at least in the recent year, he has given some credit to Bosh and Wade, but I feel those two are in the same egotistical boat James built by leaving Cleveland in the first place.

Then again, I am probably just a little bitter...being a diehard fan of a team that has yet to win a championship...much less play well in the playoffs at all...ha ha

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length