RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:10:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July Modern Community Playthrough - PC Indie Mix 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: July Modern Community Playthrough - PC Indie Mix  (Read 19183 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »

triple posting wooo! trailer time though, i noticed that Gone Home has a terrible promo trailer because it makes the game out to be something it's totally not. decided to post the best trailers for all games.

Minecraft:

Gone Home:

The Stanley Parable:

Dear Esther:
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »

I'm in on Gone Home for sure. Already took advantage of the half off sale and grabbed it. A podcast I listen to hyped it up after I watched the trailers last night.

Dear Esther I'll most likely be in on too. Graphics alone make me wanna see more.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 11:27:04 PM »

I'm in on Gone Home for sure. Already took advantage of the half off sale and grabbed it. A podcast I listen to hyped it up after I watched the trailers last night.

Dear Esther I'll most likely be in on too. Graphics alone make me wanna see more.

awesome!

because they're so short and that story is really the main focus, if anyone isn't interested in actually buying Gone Home or Dear Esther i'd highly recommend watching a let's play on youtube (without commentary). most of the discussion those weeks is likely to be on the story anyway, so i feel like watching it on youtube in this case isn't a bad alternative.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 07:55:02 AM »

What podcast was it?

Techwizard is right. My first experience with Dear Esther was a playthrough on YouTube. Even without actually playing the game I was sucked in by the eerie vibe and story. If anyone doesn't want to buy the game, they should at least watch it online.

Worth mentioning.... The team behind Dear Esther is making a new game called Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. It will have a similar focus on exploration, but will be more open to player actions.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 10:40:34 AM »

The podcast is called "Here's A Podcast" from www.nintendoeverything.com

It was from months ago, I'm really far behind on it. They were just playing GTA V Tongue
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 09:12:38 AM »

Uh Jamie, I think you might have convinced me into playing these titles for the month (sans Minecraft). Just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »

You should still be able to grab Gone Home and The Stanley Parable from Steam for pretty cheap if you haven't done so already.  I believe the Steam summer sale ends today.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »

the minecraft server is now up and running, with step by step instructions in the first post of this topic on how to get the game and connect to the server! if you have any problems let me know Smiley

Edit: One thing to note is that the server is run from west coast Canada, so if you're connecting halfway around the world from there then you're going to experience lag. This is online multiplayer after all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:21:12 PM by techwizard » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »

I think I'll pass on Minecraft because I'm leading Chrono Trigger, but I'll play the other three games and really want to hear people's opinions on them.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »

Gone home gets a retail release as a SNES themed box set

http://www.gameinformer.c...m&utm_campaign=buffer

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »

Gone home gets a retail release as a SNES themed box set

http://www.gameinformer.c...m&utm_campaign=buffer

awesome! i really need that.

so not much interest in minecraft, i had hopes but not expectations. tomorrow before work i'll probably jump in and start building, maybe some RFGen themed project screenshots will interest people a little more. really excited to play the other 3 games though, and am happy there seems to be interest in those Smiley
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »

Joining the Minecraft server. If nobody's gone in there yet I'll start building a castle step by step.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »

You do that.....

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »

The server is empty. I'm all alone!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

The spawn in this world is insanely good though, almost too good...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length