RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:37:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 24 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 24  (Read 21334 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »

Enjoyed the podcast very much. You guys kept my interest even though I'm not the kind of guy that goes out and buys modern games and systems. Nice work!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »

Um... what is this thing you have with Brad Pitt and Fabio, Crabby? You trying to tell us something? Like maybe you prefer taking solo vacations to Fire Island over family trips to San Diego?  Wink

ANYhoo, I've only gone about ten minutes into the deal as of this writing. I think this episode might be tough for me... and its not because it lacks small scores. I'm over that, really I am. It's just that... well, I'm not all that interested in the E3 event. I've watched several segments from the '11 and '12 shows, and found them rather dull. Since then, the closest I've come to watching E3 are checking out the game trailers that premiered during the event, and the breakdowns in the following month's game mags. I imagine it's far more enjoyable an experience if you're actually there, as opposed to watching it on TV or teh 'Nets.

None the less, I'll soldier on through it as a show of support for the highly-acclaimed award-winning* CollectorCast and its trio of gaming gurus, 'cuz I really like you guys. Even if one of you is longing for a three-way bromance with a hunky Hollywood superstar and a romance-novel-cover model--

Whoah, I just came up with an angle that'd make for a kick-ass CollectorCast crossover fanfic! I better run my idea by SirPsycho first, though, to see what he thinks...

BRB

*2012 and 2013 winner of the Zagnorch P. Welinskivich II Award for "Podcast I Listen to More Than Any Other."
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »

Thank goodness Bil dabbles in many games because he fleshed out a lot of the games I knew nothing about.

I think the E3 conference was good this year. Lots of hype for new games (even though I avoid the shooty shoots) which excites me. Apparently the behind the scenes, media-only areas had lots of great stuff. No Man's Sky generated a lot of excitement from the media.

My complaint about Microsoft's presser is that it was more like a raving night club with lasers and loud music. Sony's was more of a conventional press conference.

There's a lot of negative buzz about the amount of time Sony spent on showing and talking about things, but I liked that. It gave me enough time to get a decent idea of what's coming in the future.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »

Having finished the episode I came up with a great idea. An annual RFGeneration E3 viewing party!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »

The reason Evolve looks like Left 4 Dead is they are the creators of Left 4 Dead.

https://www.turtlerockstudios.com/games/

It's also been rumored that Halo Master Chief Collection will be coming to PC as well.

Destiny is not coming to PC. Although they haven't ruled it coming to PC eventually.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:36:32 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »

I liked it.
I did notice one glaring omission. But i'll let it slide.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »

I dont think Crabby and I would ever like the same game. Good show so far. I was starting to fall asleep during the Nintendo section because Nintendo doesn't do anything I remotely care about. Since I was falling asleep at my desk during the Nintendo part the rest is hard to listen to. I will pick it up again tomorrow.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »

I dont think Crabby and I would ever like the same game. Good show so far. I was starting to fall asleep during the Nintendo section because Nintendo doesn't do anything I remotely care about. Since I was falling asleep at my desk during the Nintendo part the rest is hard to listen to. I will pick it up again tomorrow.

We'd have to dust off the Atari to hang out Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »

OK I should of said modern games.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »

OK I should of said modern games.

No good Atari collections on the 360? Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

Game Room, perhaps...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »

I dont think Crabby and I would ever like the same game.

I kind if feel the same way (though he does know the truth of Castlevania 2), but that is part of the charm of the show for me.

I really enjoy the way the show has grown over the past episode.  At first I really didn't think the new format was something I could really enjoy, but the more I listened the more I really think the show is growing up, not just growing out.  Take this episode, for example.  You guys are so wonderfully unique in your tastes, and just so charmingly crabby in your own individual ways.  You just don't get that in many podcasts, where people seem more focused on not offending or stepping on the ideals of the other hosts.  You just roll on, heedless of where things could go.  Is it podcast naivete?  Maybe, but it really works, in my opinion.

I think I safely say (with the exception of Crabby's love of retro games and Duke's love of Japanese games) that I really don't have much in common with the gaming habits of the shows hosts.  The only things I paid attention to from E3 were No Man's Sky and the two videos my nephew forced me to watch (the new Zelda and Sunset Overdrive).  With very few exceptions I really could give a fig for most new games that are not space sim games.  But within the walls of this podcast I enjoy hearing about everything, because I enjoy the dynamic that Duke, Crabby, and Bil bring to the table.  In the context of the Collectorcast I want to hear about all this crap, and what makes you guys love/hate it, because I am entertained to the nth degree. 

That said (and hopefully coherent), I would like to add that this is not a plea to avoid doing Small Score stuff.  I enjoy living vicariously through both the Small Score thread and when it was on the podcast.  I just think that when you guys are focusing on other stuff maybe things get slightly more interesting.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »

You guys need to start liking better games Tongue

We definitely want to get some small scores up and running again. It was a lot of prep work and with our new routines (babies and jobs, both for one of us) we've been neglecting them. As things start to become normalized once again we'll be trying to re-integrate that section to the show.

Thanks for the comment Bomba, we all love hearing feedback like that. Gives us more fuel to keep making the show and hopefully change it for the better.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »

Wow, thanks a lot Bomba. Hearing things like that really make the work worth doing. We're a passionate bunch, and we're not trying to be anything other than ourselves. Hopefully people enjoy it, but ultimately if we don't like what we are doing, no one else will either.

I liked it.
I did notice one glaring omission. But i'll let it slide.

How could we forget Mortal Kombat X? Travesty.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 07:10:46 PM »

Mortal Kombat doesnt count. It wasn't announced at E3. The trailer came out before hand.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length