RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:11:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | NES vs SEGA Clamshell 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NES vs SEGA Clamshell  (Read 4984 times)
e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »

I too am not a fan of bit box as shadow mentioned they look old I mean they look like the Atari cases but I think we all have had our share of Disney movies in these type cases as well and well they are bulky and just look terrible.

Agree with both of you, i think the vacuum formed plastic cases weren't good options, when the time pass the plastic begins to "toast" and then start to brake in little pieces every time you grab it

I thinks the same happen to this bitbox

Note: in spanish when the plastic start to do that we call it  "plastic toasted", i don't know how you call it  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:25:17 AM by e_brugal » Logged

e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »

News on this topic

Nes cases won the poll so he is going to make them first, but there is a possibility of making both at the same time

Link to the post when hi anounce that nes won the poll and from that point some opinions of members on how they will like to see the cases

http://www.thecoverprojec...16821.msg147913#msg147913

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »

pretty interesting. I never used any of the bit box cases just universal game cases. I have all my N64 games in them and a few SNES games as well. I just made custom dust sleeves for my NES games and GB, GBC games, they take up less room on the shelf.
I would use old Ds cases for some GBA games, usally buying them in lots on eBay of unwanted titles.

Now your playing with power!
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »

I'm happy that people are making these and providing more options for storing loose older games but the price is what kills me.  If these can't stay under $1 each then I'm out.  $4 each for a Bit Box is laughable and never in a million years would I consider it.  I only have around 30 NES games.  There are many people here that have 20 times that.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »

i agree with you totally Slowman. If I have to pay $4 for the game and than $3 or $4 for the case to store it I might as well and try to get the original box. When I get the DS games lot i try to find them with free shipping and $1 a case so like $15 for 15 cases free shipping I would do.

thats why I also enjoy making the dust sleeves out of cardstock I can print at home

Now your playing with power!
e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »

New topic from the other forum, here he explains details he's considering to make this cases, colors, dimensions,  etc. He is still waiting for some 3d but there some photos of how the will look out side but still working on the inside. Also some opinions of members like me that will like to have a clear sleeve for the cover an not a grainy one like UGC.  Grin

http://www.thecoverprojec...s/index.php?topic=17027.0

If you are not a member of that forum and want to be part of the design by making opinion on what you'll like on this case, just subscribe, but if you don't want to subscribe but still want to contribute on helping you can post here you opinion and I will gladly post it on TCP forum. With the note that the comments comes from members from rfgeneration  Grin

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »

Also some opinions of members like me that will like to have a clear sleeve for the cover an not a grainy one like UGC.  Grin
I hate clear sleeves since they scratch so easily, there's a reason why the UGC sleeves are textured.

e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »

Also some opinions of members like me that will like to have a clear sleeve for the cover an not a grainy one like UGC.  Grin
I hate clear sleeves since they scratch so easily, there's a reason why the UGC sleeves are textured.
I extended you comment, and I had never though on that for this cases, but is true, that happens in PS games box

e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

Well here it is, the first 3D of the Nes case with dimensions, some changes that the owner has ask to the company that is making this cases and some feedback of people.

http://www.thecoverprojec...17027.msg150081#msg150081

e_brugal
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »

News on this topic.

New 3D with some modifications on it. Clic link to the site

http://www.thecoverprojec...17027.msg150620#msg150620

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length