RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:34:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Rejected Submission: 3DS XL Black & Game Boy box pictures 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rejected Submission: 3DS XL Black & Game Boy box pictures  (Read 1746 times)
veq
N-Gage

Stats
« on: July 20, 2014, 07:13:38 AM »

I was rejected on the basis of theft.

My images were all scanned from my own boxes in my personal collection using my home scanner. All the images came out looking very nice but when I tried to upload them, they were auto rejected for being too big. When I resized them they uploaded but were then rejected by the mod and I was accused of stealing pictures. I was told my images looked like I took them from a stock source and blew them up. After going back and looking at the images I uploaded, I can see where that assumption could be made.

My 3DS XL box pictures are 1700 x 1037 off the scanner which is too big. When I shrunk it down, it lost A LOT of quality along with it. I'm really not one for image manipulation and I honestly couldn't tell you if I have photoshop on my computer. Sans photoshop, what would be the best way for me to shrink my images so they still look good at the appropriate size?

I can verify that the images I submitted were from my private collection. Attached is a quick photo I just snapped of the items in question on my table. The reason I didn't just take pictures of my boxes like this is because I thought the images would be cleaner if I scanned them.

* 20140720_071110.jpg (591.89 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 187 times.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:17:41 AM by veq » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »

Sorry if my assumption offended you but at least you were able to see why I came to that decision.

Please do resubmit them! (EDIT though not at the same resolution/quality as the ones I rejected. /EDIT)

We do have one  listed in our (rather outdated) image submission guidelines:
http://www.rfgeneration.c....php?action=policies;id=4
Someone might be able to suggest a better option for resizing images so they do not lose so much quality.

veq
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:37 AM »

Hey no problem! I'm brand new to this place so that kinda works against me in 2 ways.

1. I don't know what the standard protocol for how things work around here so please forgive me if I seem lost. Being new I completely overlooked the fact that this is a forum and there are people eager to help me help the database

and

2. I'm new, I have no reputation, how do you know I'm not some sleazy jackass who has no ethics, morals or sense of honesty. I get it. No harm, no foul. I appreciate the apology and I'm glad you responded as you did in both the rejection PMs and this response. It tells me this is a good forum that has quality people behind it. I like that.

I've been up since 3 PM yesterday and I'm starting to fade so I'll look into appropriately resizing my pictures after I finally get to bed.

I will say this, I did see a few other consoles I have boxes for that were without pictures. I'll get around to uploading those as well. Those won't fit on my scanner so I'll just take regular pictures of them. Hopefully I can figure out a good way to get my pics up with minimal quality loss.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »

Excellent Smiley

Much thanks and welcome to the site!

veq
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »

Alright, I have resized the image using a different method and 1 that produced results that look much better....well to me anyway.

If these are still not acceptable then I really don't know what to do. Resubmitted what was rejected and then also submitting for the Blue MK7 3DS as well.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »

Approved before you posted Tongue

They are MUCH better than they were. Still not perfect but certainly better than nothing (and better than most new submitters do) and appreciate your effort!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »

I'm not sure how you ended up resizing, but my scanner has an option to adjust resolution and dpi before scanning. It may be easier to adjust these prior to the actual scan to get the best result.

veq
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it for future scans.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »

I use fastone photo resizer.  It is free and it is easily the best resizing tool I've ever used.  I highly recommend downloading it, as it has the option to set your image size without affecting the dpi or resolution.  It also has the option to resize entire folders at once.

http://www.faststone.org/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »

We should ask kaysow for how he does his scans. He works with The Cover Project, and his scans are always spot-on and high quality.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »

I've used Irfanview for quite a while and you can grab it for free from the CNET site.

Relax, I can fix it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »

as long as you keep the aspect ratio locked i've never had any issues with resizing by pixels in MS Paint for windows 7
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length