RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:42:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Club Nintendo 2014 Platinum/Gold Prizes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Club Nintendo 2014 Platinum/Gold Prizes  (Read 12025 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »

WHAT IS THIS COMBO-BREAKER BULLSH*T?!

This was what got to my humorous side...I miss playing Killer instinct on the SNES. ha ha

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »

I also wonder how they will use the "sales" of these downloads.

They might just use it to see what titles on which systems have the most demand/interest. The fact that there is a mix of download only and retail available games makes me wonder if they want to see how viable it is to offer a game at retail still or if more should go download only. If tons of people decide to use their free download on a game they could have instead bought at the store maybe that game won't see a store shelf again down the road. Alternatively if the bulk of the downloads are used on a digital exclusive they might determine where the most interest lies and release more games like it.

But i suppose it is just as likely that they could use it to report a spike in downloadable content/game sales for those platforms in an attempt to make investors happy.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »

Wow, this is disappointing.  Still, free games are free games.  I would have liked something physical like a poster set or another one of the cool figurines they had a few years ago, but I'll take it.
supernorst
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 03:43:27 PM »

I must express my disappointment in these rewards. There is nothing here that I either don't already have physically or want

Gamer of All Generations
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

I totally agree. I hate this digital crap. So I ended up getting the NES remix because you can't get it at retail as you can with the Wario game. Week after I install NES remix, Nintendo announces that they are bringing it to retail. Damn you, Nintendo.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »

I knew they already had NES Remix 1 & 2 bundled retail for Japanese release, but are they bringing it to retail in the states too?

EDIT: Just did my own homework. It was an easy assignment to research. Wink I guess that means I am going with Dr. Luigi since it is the only non-retail, non-3DS prize left for me to snag.

http://www.gamingunion.ne...release-in-north-america/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:38:45 PM by Boshamp » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 10:41:17 PM »

Wrote an E-mail to Nintendo complaining about the Gold/Platinum rewards, but also why North America has such a crappy selection for prizes on Club Nintendo compared to Europe and Japan.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »

What are the European/Japanese prize options? Is there anything "real" available to them? or is it still digital-only, just better variety?

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 01:40:46 AM »

I dont know about their Platinum reward for this year, but the overall selection for Club Nintendo items is way better. I check Club Nintendo every other week and still don't feel like redeeming my coins on the same six items that I didn't want 6 months ago.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »

So not the Gold/Platinum stuff, just the stuff you can spend your coins on year round? I feel you there. I ended up taking advantage of the Kirby Patches since my coins were getting ready to expire.

Edit: Took some surveys and added some titles while I was on the site downloading my prize and noticed I am already a gold member for 2015 and only 60 coins away from platinum. ha ha
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:22:01 AM by Boshamp » Logged

No
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »

What are the European/Japanese prize options? Is there anything "real" available to them? or is it still digital-only, just better variety?

I don't know about the Japanese prize options but for the European Club Nintendo, not much. Lately they are shoelaces, notebooks, stickers, keyrings, a Yoshi backpack (pricey) and stock that has been there for years such as the Game & Watch Ball reproduction (very highly priced) and the Super Mario Galaxy LP. The only digital option is Wii points, yes Wii points in 2014. No downloadable codes for Wii U, 3DS or eShop credit, just Wii points. Well that and some promotions that they did such as free SMB Deluxe if you register your NNID or the Mario Kart 8 free game. Occassionally you get some really good stuff like the Luigi's Mansion diorama and the Super Mario 3D World soundtrack however they are priced very high and they go very quickly. I do have a hunch that Nintendo of Europe might be cutting down on Club Nintendo since they also have an online shop that is run by The Hut/Zavvi.

The reason why I mentioned highly priced is because the EU Club Nintendo works on stars, not coins. Each physical game is 250 stars since you get a scratch off code if you buy it new or lucky to find one second hand. Not all games have these codes and they expire within 2/3 years. Digital games also have stars, 250 for one that also has a retail release and much less if it is downloadable only and only if it is a eShop title. Some of these items can get to around 7000 stars so that equals buying 28 retail games to get the thing you want, plus considering Nintendo games are much more expensive in the UK/EU...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:42:42 AM by Furnessly » Logged
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »

I wish I could get a Yoshi backpack, game and watch or a soundtrack from the North American Club Nintendo. All thats available for the past three months are: 2 different greeting card sets, a lame Kirby patch set, A pink animal crossing 3ds pouch (the blue one is sold out) and an animal crossing poster set. Im sitting on a pile of coins that I spent a great deal to acquire (Redeemed a 3Ds and WiiU in 2013/14) and nothing to spend them on.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »

I wish I could get a Yoshi backpack, game and watch or a soundtrack from the North American Club Nintendo. All thats available for the past three months are: 2 different greeting card sets, a lame Kirby patch set, A pink animal crossing 3ds pouch (the blue one is sold out) and an animal crossing poster set. Im sitting on a pile of coins that I spent a great deal to acquire (Redeemed a 3Ds and WiiU in 2013/14) and nothing to spend them on.

I totally agree.  The NA rewards are crappy. I have a feeling they won't restock, only have games to download.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

So since there is not really anything that I want or need for 3DS, if I don't have a WiiU but plan on getting one is it possible to get the code for a game and keep it till then or do they expire?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length