RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:23:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Rejected Submission: Squaresoft Collector's CD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rejected Submission: Squaresoft Collector's CD  (Read 4570 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 08:37:19 AM »

The description box in your collection is for your benefit. "I have X bonus item" "Need to replace X" "Bought the game on this date for $#" "Beat X game" Everyone uses their description for something different.

Adding images or info to the game pages is for everyones benefit Wink
Lets people know what else is/was out there.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 10:08:33 AM »

These are the launch kits I have pictures of currently. I have several others. I do not know if this is something to submit pictures of but I do know these were only given out to stores during a launch event so I am uncertain if these fall under any particular category.

* Red Dead Redemption Kit.jpg (160.34 KB, 733x550 - viewed 197 times.)

* Madworld Kit.jpg (184.23 KB, 733x550 - viewed 208 times.)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »

Very cool.
Should you decide to submit them you can do them as a group shot like that or as the outside of that kit and then a picture/scan of each of the contents

Here is an example page for items included in a bundle:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-131-S-03050-B

Example where item was not actually included with the game:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-044-S-01380-A

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »

ah that makes sense about the pre-order bonus games vs bonus poster/other merch
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 11:58:59 AM »

Those employee kits are always awesome. I was given a Shadow of Rome Employee Kit when I was in high school. I was the only "regular" at my local Gamestop and none of the employees wanted it. It wasn't very cool. But I still sport the gray polo shirt it came with once in a while.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »

So instead of marking all my preorder bonus items in the extra description tag under each of my games they can also be submitted as extra media? Not saying it is something I would dive into at the moment but is nice to know for future reference. Also any interest in pictures or info on launch kits? I have several complete launch kits from various games.

This site is wonderful. Thank you all for making me feel at home here.

Thank you for diving in so fully. Being a member for almost ten years now, I love seeing the database grow and learning new stuff. I am a lot younger than most of the regulars on the site, so my pre GC/PS2/Xbox knowledge was always lacking.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »

Thank you Boshamp! Really this is one of the friendliest groups I have been a part of in some time. I really like feeling like part of a community and not an outsider because I'm new.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »

Thank you Boshamp! Really this is one of the friendliest groups I have been a part of in some time. I really like feeling like part of a community and not an outsider because I'm new.

i think that's why everyone loves it here, for some reason or other the typical forum haters you see on most websites don't bother us here. maybe it's because of the user submitted content part, people are more friendly on a site they put their own time into making a better place, not just hit and run posting visits.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

Just wanted to step in and clarify something Izret pointed out, but "preorder" bonuses tend to be Extra Media if they were things like soundtracks and posters. However, if it's a stand-alone game like the demo pointed out earlier, it should have its own entry with the attached Trivia about how it was available.

In the case of the Employee Kits, if they don't have any software with them (just swag bundles), they should likely be Extra Media. We DO have Press Kits in the database that came with software, but the important part to that is that they had software and weren't just swag. We are a VIDEO GAME database, after all. Wink

Speaking of, I just got a Review Kit for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and it came with a retail copy of the game inside it. Cry

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »

So for example I have the Conkers Bad Fur Day launch kit that included the game inside the kit. Does that count as it's own game or would it just be a standard Conker with extra media? I get that the others without games would just be extra media that makes sense. 
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »

It would be its own game IMO, as it was packaged with the launch kit. Definitely would be its own game if the packaged game was different in any way, like no UPC or different label.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 11:16:40 PM »

I will have to look at the game again because they sent Cart only and it came with a shirt, video and a pill bottle full of jellybeans (to cure squirrel madness). So I need to see if it says "not for resale" or if it was a standard copy.

Oh and it all came inside a giant pill bottle shaped box.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:18:23 PM by calistarwind » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length