RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:50:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Export database to csv/Advanced Search 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Export database to csv/Advanced Search  (Read 1355 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: July 29, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »

Good evening, gentlemen.  How difficult would it be to implement either a csv export for a specified query, or an advanced search tool that allows for adding multiple filters for sorting and excluding certain information (it is called sorting in Libreoffice, not sure what it is in MS Office)?  What I am trying to do is to pick out games for the NES and sort it by "Year" and then by "Reg."  I can do some of this now, but it would expedite my process if I could have less information to dig through.  If  I could have a csv export of NES games I could quickly sort and exclude items, then have significantly less stuff to look through.  Basically the same thing with the search tool, but more code than the export, I think.

What do y'all think?  Feasible?  If not I can go back to clicking.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »

The collection tool is lacking in a lot of filters and "nice-to-haves". Cry
Feasible? Yes. High priority? Unfortunately, not right now. We can add it to the growing list of things to do once we tackle the larger items.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »

this request has come up at least a few times in the past from various people, so i'm sure it'll be done eventually. like Shadow said though it seems like a "nice-to-have" and not an essential fix.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:56:04 PM »

I figured it would be possible to implement (we have something like that at my work), but considering all the things that have changed as of late I figured it would be exclusively "back burner."  But hey, I read the other day we are organizing sub-genres (with descriptions), which feels about a million years removed from when we were originally talking about changing all of that.

Hey, thanks for answering, Shadow.  I appreciate it.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length