RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:45:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | Selling some more of my collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Selling some more of my collection  (Read 13286 times)
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »

My PS3 Slim model console went kaput recently, so now I'm trying to decide if I should repair or replace it. In the meantime, I'm selling off a few more games out of my collection to fund this endeavor.

You guys know the drill. I accept PayPal only. Please PM me if interested, and also if you have any special requests (Insurance, Delivery Confirmation, FedEx or UPS, etc.) I will ship as soon as I can confirm payment through Paypal. I can post pics of the items if anyone requests. Thanks for all interested parties! I appreciate everyone's business! Cool
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:31:41 PM by Necrosaro » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:09 AM »

Just a suggestion, but how about throwing what you want to sell on here a few days before throwing it on eBay?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:57:02 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Just a suggestion, but how about throwing what you want to sell on here a few days before throwing it on eBay?

I second that! No fees and you know who you're dealing with.

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:33 AM »

As much as I'd prefer selling on RFGen as opposed to eBay, my track record of trying to sell stuff on this site has not been very good. I'm trying to move quite a bit of stuff in a short amount of time, and eBay gets far more traffic than this site does, or Game Gavel for that matter. I have several imports I need to move too, and this site tends to not be very friendly to import sellers, largely because no one really wants to deal with the hassle of playing imports on a console.

But mostly, when I've tried to sell stuff here in the past, either there's a lack of interest or traffic, or users perceive my prices as being too high. I'll try giving this site another shot, but I want to try to get some of my friends on Backloggery to buy some of my stuff there too, so there's that. I can't wait forever to sell stuff on one site. Just trying to throw my hat into as many rings as possible, really. I don't always trust eBay either, but I'm never going to deal with Amazon ever again, buying or selling, with the bad experiences I've had in the past with them. And that was years ago. They're way worse now. grrr

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 06:19:22 AM »

I understand. Merely suggesting you try putting it up for a day or two before ebay

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »

What system are the imports for?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »

Not 360. Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 10:41:46 AM »

I didnt think so

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 07:59:17 PM »

Ok, this could potentially be a problem. I have a few NES games boxed, but the box doesn't match the game inside, e.g. I have The Adventures of Lolo 3 game in a Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers box. I don't have a manual for either. How should I go about this? The game and box are worth something, but could I list them together or will I have to sell them separately? I don't know that I could sell an empty box on eBay. Maybe give the box away as a freebie if it doesn't sell? Just curious, but I do know some collectors on this site who specifically collect old boxes/manuals. Huh

EDIT: Nvm, I found the manual for the Chip 'N Dale box. But Lolo 3 is in the box. I probably sold the Chip 'N Dale game cartridge years ago (iirc it was going unplayable on me, no matter how many times I cleaned it) w/o the box and manual and just used it to store Lolo 3 later on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:05:22 PM by Necrosaro » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »

there's nothing wrong with parting things out and selling them separately. i know personally i buy boxes and manuals on their own a lot, it really helps when you're trying to complete a set.
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »

Ok, cool beans. Grin

I have an Xbox 360 LE that's incomplete as well, and seeing as I never bought the 360, I'm getting rid of what few X360 items I have left. Incomplete items tend to be difficult to sell to game stores and auction sites.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 08:45:08 PM »

I'd be interested in any NES boxes you come across. Smiley

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »

PM'd!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 03:38:15 PM »

Everyone, I have an announcement to make. I have developed severe cramping in my abdomen as of recently, and I literally cannot eat anything and I can barely move. Those of you who have paid me, your items have been shipped out.

I am going to the hospital today. I am putting this thread on hiatus until further notice. Thank you for understanding. Sad

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »

Everyone, I have an announcement to make. I have developed severe cramping in my abdomen as of recently, and I literally cannot eat anything and I can barely move. Those of you who have paid me, your items have been shipped out.

I am going to the hospital today. I am putting this thread on hiatus until further notice. Thank you for understanding. Sad

hopefully it's nothing serious, get well soon!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length