RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:29:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September Modern Community Playthrough - Ico 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: September Modern Community Playthrough - Ico  (Read 16176 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »

Damn you Shawn....

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »

So wow I actually just rage quit this game for the first time. I'm at the section where

Spoiler (hover to show)

and I went from the couch through all the climbing and puzzling bullshit, then missed the jump onto the chain.

Then after "continuing" from the save couch, I did the exact same thing again.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »

That part had a weird puzzle (maybe bad?). Once you've made all the bridges with blowing stuff up and lowering that elevator thing you have to...

Spoiler (hover to show)

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 05:19:08 AM »

That part had a weird puzzle (maybe bad?). Once you've made all the bridges with blowing stuff up and lowering that elevator thing you have to...

Spoiler (hover to show)

That's the exact part I'm at. I knocked it down and did like ten minutes worth of more crap and then jumped off a cliff, twice.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »

that part was really stupid, i just got lucky with the last bomb on the tower
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2014, 03:58:43 PM »

Yeah, that part took me a little while, but if you can stick through it,
Spoiler (hover to show)

Try to stick with it and finish. Use a walkthrough if you must. You might feel better once it's completed.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »

Use a walkthrough if you must.

Had to laugh at that one. I have been using a walkthrough 100% of the time. I'm not actually playing this game, I'm visiting it. I'm a tourist.

And I think I'm only commenting or PM'ing you guys when I'm pissed about the game. I'm really enjoying it. It's keeping me from playing Suikoden II for crying out loud.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

...and I finished it. Had to, as there are no save points after the main gate.

I'm glad to have played it, but not quite for the same reasons as Floyd and Rich. I'm happy to have crossed off an "essential" PS2 game from my pile of shame, and I now I can commiserate with full sincerity the fact that The Last Guardian will never come out, now having played both Team Ico games.

Good stuff. Can't wait for the podcast.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »

congrats shawn! i'm glad you didn't give up, it's frustrating for sure but i really enjoyed the ending sequence and that made it all worthwhile.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »

Found this while doing research for the podcast. I want it very badly.

http://www.levelupvideoga...colossus-limited-box-ps3/

Very expensive. At a quick glance this was the cheapest one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/I...s&hash=item258a255b2f

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »

that box is awesome, and the price is high but not out of reach if someone really wanted it, especially for a special edition.

Week 4 checkpoint is up! how'd everyone do on week 3? have much trouble with the waterfall room? i know i did.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

Not bad. Just a little tidbit that you might find interesting: the room above the waterfall that has a moving water wheel you had to quickly traverse is not in the PS2 version. I assume that it was added to the PS3 HD version.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »

That is very interesting. I had no idea they actually added content to the remaster.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Not bad. Just a little tidbit that you might find interesting: the room above the waterfall that has a moving water wheel you had to quickly traverse is not in the PS2 version. I assume that it was added to the PS3 HD version.

That...  is awesome.  Means I have to add this to my "To-Get" PS3 list.  I had to laugh the other night when I realized the frustration people are having with this game (after I missed a jump three times).  The camera in this game is so sleepy, it reminds me of Super Mario 64.  It really is bad, but I'm afraid my memories have colored over the reality of ICO.  Makes me wonder how bad Jak II is...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 09:58:20 PM »

The camera might have been worse in Ico, but because I didn't have to move it very often I considered it superior to SotC's camera. I found that in Ico objects or places of interest were always made clear by the camera and I rarely felt lost. This gave me a sense of direction, whereas the camera in SotC excelled at providing a sense of size but fell short in terms of visual cues hinting at the next destination. Maybe this was a design choice.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length