RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:53:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Gizmo-&-Gadget Scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: The Small Gizmo-&-Gadget Scores thread  (Read 89362 times)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2017, 04:54:20 PM »

Found on the 19th: Original Pokédex
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »

Unfortunately, no keys for these:
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »

In my quest to have more monitors than sense, I picked up a lot of smaller PVMs from a local seller.  I got 5 PVM-9L3s and 3 PVM-9L1s for $70.  I was pretty excited to get such a good deal.  Each monitor was said to be working, and while people seem to chase the larger, 14"+ monitors, I'm more than happy with smaller CRT screens.  Large or small, PVM prices are crazy because people know PVMs are a "thing", so less than $10 apiece was a price I was ready to pay.

I figured the seller was a tech recycler or a government auction buyer from our conversations.  I figured I might be in a small warehouse or someone's actual home picking up these monitors.  Instead, the seller was the owner of a large live event business, with a front office staff and two tiers of warehouse staff.  As I walked from the front office back to the warehouse loading dock, I marveled at the stacks and stacks of road cases and bales of cabling.  This was a serious operation.

The monitors were stacked on a pallet, and the cheerful employee who was helping me out said that I was getting a bonus.  I thought this meant there were road cases or power cables included, but I was mistaken.  The employee picked up one of the 9L3 monitors and said that most of the monitors still had their cards in them.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  Four of the 9L3s had BKM-129X cards in them, which allow the monitors to accept RGB and component signals.  This makes them way more versatile for retro gaming.  Not only that, those cards routinely sell for over $100 on ebay.

I kept my cool and loaded up the monitors while thanking the employee.  Turns out, he did have power cables to throw in, as well.  The deal was concluded with no one running in to stop it.  No one realized just how good a deal I was getting.  So, I drove off and now these monitors are in my home.  I'm looking forward to firing up and putting them through their paces over my extended holiday break.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2017, 04:42:08 PM »

Wooooahh mama what a deal. Let me know if you want to sell any in person. My cousin and I are both looking for one. (Santa told me we're pretty close by to you)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:52:12 PM by Fleabitten » Logged
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »

Wooooahh mama what a deal. Let me know if you want to sell any in person. My cousin and I are both looking for one. (Santa told me we’re pretty close by to you)

Let me get them all tested and maybe we can make a deal.  Despite their size, these would make pretty good additions to a retro set up.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2017, 12:08:37 AM »

Wow, that's awesome.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2017, 06:18:17 PM »

Hey now,

In my quest to have more monitors than sense, I picked up a lot of smaller PVMs from a local seller.  I got 5 PVM-9L3s and 3 PVM-9L1s for $70.  I was pretty excited to get such a good deal.  Each monitor was said to be working, and while people seem to chase the larger, 14"+ monitors, I'm more than happy with smaller CRT screens.  Large or small, PVM prices are crazy because people know PVMs are a "thing", so less than $10 apiece was a price I was ready to pay.

I figured the seller was a tech recycler or a government auction buyer from our conversations.  I figured I might be in a small warehouse or someone's actual home picking up these monitors.  Instead, the seller was the owner of a large live event business, with a front office staff and two tiers of warehouse staff.  As I walked from the front office back to the warehouse loading dock, I marveled at the stacks and stacks of road cases and bales of cabling.  This was a serious operation.

The monitors were stacked on a pallet, and the cheerful employee who was helping me out said that I was getting a bonus.  I thought this meant there were road cases or power cables included, but I was mistaken.  The employee picked up one of the 9L3 monitors and said that most of the monitors still had their cards in them.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  Four of the 9L3s had BKM-129X cards in them, which allow the monitors to accept RGB and component signals.  This makes them way more versatile for retro gaming.  Not only that, those cards routinely sell for over $100 on ebay.

I kept my cool and loaded up the monitors while thanking the employee.  Turns out, he did have power cables to throw in, as well.  The deal was concluded with no one running in to stop it.  No one realized just how good a deal I was getting.  So, I drove off and now these monitors are in my home.  I'm looking forward to firing up and putting them through their paces over my extended holiday break.

Now you just need a pallet of security cameras, and you can be your very own surveillance state!

ANYway, time to show off my last tech score of 2017:

Not bad for $5, huh? Though it wasn't without a slight drawback:

Fortunately, it looks a lot worse than it actually was. After a thorough cleanup and a fresh set of batteries, it was good to go...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »

I did an all-day thrift crawl yesterday, and hit my very first HP calculator hat trick:

Flanking the 27S scientific calculator is a 39g+ graphing calc to the left, and a 39g graphing calc on the right.

So, whatta ya think, Nupes?  Wink

...'Late
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »

Quote from: Zag
I like all the buttons  Cheesy

I have the business version of that 27S which was my dad's when I was a kid. I always liked the way it feels, sturdy and solid with nice buttons.

You should feel it some for me.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2018, 07:36:46 AM »

I have the business version of that 27S which was my dad's when I was a kid. I always liked the way it feels, sturdy and solid with nice buttons.

That almost feels dirty...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:24 AM »

What do you mean, "almost?"
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »

OK, it is dirty.  Did you "feel them up" for Nupoile?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2018, 01:12:59 AM »

OK, it is dirty.  Did you "feel them up" for Nupoile?

My wife says, "Of course they're dirty, he got them at a thrift store."
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2018, 07:46:52 AM »

Rofl.  Reminds me of my daughter.  Took her in the cleanest thrift store we have in the Metro D (the DAV), and she shouted, "It smells really weird in here!"

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »

Hey now...

Rofl.  Reminds me of my daughter.  Took her in the cleanest thrift store we have in the Metro D (the DAV), and she shouted, "It smells really weird in here!"

You want dirty? Then get a load of these:

Picked up this lot of three TI-85s and twoTI-86es for under $10 all told, of which four turned out to function properly. BTW one of the TI-85s and one of the TI-86es are teacher/viewscreen editions, which features a port to connect to overhead projectors.

Things got even filthier when I found this bad boy for under $15:

Aaaand now, the ultimate in utter depravity: here they are, all lined up (with a new cover plate for the TI-84+):

Think you have enough stamina to push all those buttons, big boy?  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length