RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:12:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Do you play all or most of the games in your collection? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Do you play all or most of the games in your collection?  (Read 6801 times)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:59 AM »

this question is kind of hard for me to answer at over 5700 games - I have not a clue how many I have physically played.  Hard to focus on just one system.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »

The answer is no.
If you spent 10 minutes playing every game you own it would take 950 hours.

Personally 10 minutes doesn't seem like enough time to claim you have played a game past the point of testing it for functionality.

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

About 50% of my collection, I've had for a long time, mostly since I was a kid, or they're replacements of games I played and beat from back then.  At those points, I would sit and play a game pretty much as soon as I got it home, and usually had the time to play for hours on end.  So, that's why I say I have played and usually beaten about 50% or so of my collection.  Since I started collecting hardcore about 2 years ago, my main problems have been getting so many games at once, as well as, especially now with my new job's hours, finding time to play games at all, so that other 50% or so, like I said in my first post, have been tested but mostly not really played.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »

I have beaten 25.2% of my games.  Realistically, games go in and out of my collection too quickly for me to ever reach 100% but it is something I keep in the back of my mind.  Anything I pick up, I intend to complete.  If I don't want to play it then I don't want it in my collection.  Some exceptions have been made for cool/weird game finds at an amazing price (like Maxi-15 for $2.99) or gifts from friends but this is maybe 5% of my collection at most.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
stillplayingnes
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »

I'm nowhere near the volume collection wise most of the guys here are at.  I have just broken the 100 mark for the NES and Genesis.  So I'm at about 200 games.  They all get played.  Some I haven't touched for a few years but they get played, or I can see myself playing them.  That's a big thing for me.  This sounds weird but I could see myself playing Bases Loaded II on the NES more so than I could see myself playing Mario RPG on the SNES.  I get an enjoyment out of firing up the NES and playing even the crappy games.  Maybe it's because I grew up with it.  I had a collection of about 50 SNES games.  I wasn't playing it.  I sold it for a nice price.
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »

I try to play all my games. Of course, I only have a little over 200, a lot of which have no "endings" per sé, so I can focus most of my efforts on the games I can "finish".

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »

[img width=450 height=360]http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/374650[/img]

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »

Have played?  It could be said that I have played most of my games in my collection at some point.  Do I play (present tense)?  Sort of.  I only have a fraction of what the big players on this site have and I'm still surprised at times when I find a game.  The other day I was looking at prices of Star Voyager when i realized that I already own it.  Nuts.

Actually playing the games to their completion is another story altogether.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »

After living most of my twenties and part of my thirties in the collect everything I even have a remote interest in, I have decided to trim my collection down a bit as well. Most of my games are RPG's and survival horror so there is a huge certainty I will never be able to play all my games let alone play all the games I want to actually play. I have been focusing a lot more on series I enjoy like Tales, Persona etc and then branching out to some of the single titles.
Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »

Slowly but surely.  If you consider only physical copies, I've beaten about half of my collection(I couldn't say how this changes with the addition of digital titles on GOG or Steam).  And my intention is to keep playing and beating my games while getting new ones.  It's actually been a lot of fun to try and play through new titles that I never would have given the time of day to a decade ago, or to really sink into games I was always told were awful, just to see what I really think of them.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »

I was looking through my games last night and I figure that I have beaten around 50% of my collection. My great game purge really helped push that percentage up though.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »

Ha ha, you're funny.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »

I think Im split as a gamer and a collector now. There are many systems and games I have that I play or have intentions of playing. Other items either I dont have games for them or the games arent that good or something rare to the  point I dont really want to mess with it too much.  With 63 systems and 1600+ games, there really isnt time to be bored. which is always a good thing. I like to think of my 1600 games Ive played about 200 or 300 of them. ( maybe not to completion but Ive sat and played them ).

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »

Probably about half. I've mostly been playing Animal Crossing. One reason I don't play a lot of my older games is the lack of a save system. With a game like Little Nemo, for instance, I can only replay the first couple levels a certain amount of time before I give up. The 2nd level is too difficult for me.

Another that comes to mind is Metroid. I know it has the password but I don't like having to copy it down and try and find it every time I want to play.

ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »

nope, too much volume-

toilet

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: