RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:13:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26  (Read 15903 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:47 AM »

Loved this episode.

BUT......Bil......

You said that NEITHER Marvel vs Capcom game on the PlayStation or MvC2 on the ps2 supported full character swapping.......

I'm here to tell you that you are absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, completely wrong and should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such misinformation.  On a platform as far reaching and influencial as the collectorcast, one would assume you'd show more responsibility and do some research.

Seriously though, MvC2 on the ps2 supports full character swapping and in my opinion is the definitive version of the game.

I must have been thinking of the PSX version that didn't have the swapping.  What makes the PS2 version the definitive version?

I wonder this too. The Dreamcast version has always been heavily compared to the original NAOMI arcade version.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »

@Bil I think The PS2 version of MvC2 is the definitive version because of the PS2s controller.  The Dreamcast controller was alright and the Xbox controller is terrible for fighting games in general.  The PS2s D-pad works so well it's almost impossible to accidentally do the wrong inputs.  Plus the double shoulder buttons are perfect for assists and super combos.  

Btw Bil you said you want someone to play Street Fighter 4 with, right?   Add me on Xbox JACKxSWAGGER.  I play all the time.  Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, but I have Vanilla too if you don't have AE.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:44:27 AM by RetroRage » Logged

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

Great episode, loved the in-depth look at the launch lineup and all the peripherals. One of my favorite consoles of all-time.

Bil hit the nail on the head with Virtua Tennis. Appealed to any gamer and was a flat-out Dreamcast controller button KILLER. I still have my one original controller with the smushed in A button.

re: EA and EA Sports games - isn't the story that due to the poor Saturn sales, EA wanted a lot of money to publish for Sega's follow-up console? Sega then went out and released the best sports games in the marketplace for the next 2-3 years. I personally don't think having Madden or NBA Live on the DC would have done anything to move the needle.

You guys talked about the NFL2K series and Visual Concepts rocked it with NBA2K right out of the gate as well. They got their feet wet with NBA Action '98 on the Saturn and to this day are still destroying EA with hoops games.

The NHL series was interesting. I remember NHL2K being insanely hard to score in, and then Sega skipped a year (there is no NHL2K1) before the last release for the system overall in NHL2k2. 2K2 was awesome and the series lasted until '11. I stuck with the series, all the way to the 360. I remember being like one of five people that ever wanted to play the game online.

Sega was late to the field with baseball, which was frustrating. World Series Baseball 2k1 missed the start of the season and ended up coming out in July 2000. It was pretty underwhelming. They did get their sequel in for the next year.

Worth noting that Sega's 2K2 games were all on PS2 as well as Dreamcast so they optimized their sales there at least with the console DOA.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »

...you'd show more responsibility and do some research.

I would add something here, but my mother taught me right.  Plus, think how much would be lost from the podcast if they started doing spellchecks and factchecks.

Pretty much everything on the show is played back through the haze of memory and nostalgia. I'll leave encyclopedic writings to others.

[img width=700 height=525]http://ds.mmgn.com/lib/Images/contents/ascipad.jpg[/img]

THAT is awesome.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length