RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:56:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Modern Shmup Suggestions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: December Modern Shmup Suggestions  (Read 7036 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:04:28 AM »

Officially, they are the game I think we can play in December. Unofficially, they are fancy drink coasters.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:01:19 AM »

Officially, they are the game I think we can play in December. Unofficially, they are fancy drink coasters.

What are the 4 games? You know what I mean.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:31 AM »

Oh, right. The games are Otomedius Excellent, R-Type Final, Sin and Punishment, and Xyanide.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:16 AM »

Oh, right. The games are Otomedius Excellent, R-Type Final, Sin and Punishment, and Xyanide.

Looks like I'll be able to play 3 out of 4 of them. Cool! Looking forward to it.

If anyone hasn't posted any suggestions for the Retro shmups, please do so soon. I'll probably start the voting in the next few days.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 09:46:51 AM »

Nice. The only one I don't have is Xyanide, and I can probably get my hands on it by then.

@Slackur, sorry about Otomedius, but this whole thing was born out of Duke.Togo requesting that specific game for a playthrough. By all means feel free to skip it.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

Nice. The only one I don't have is Xyanide, and I can probably get my hands on it by then.

@Slackur, sorry about Otomedius, but this whole thing was born out of Duke.Togo requesting that specific game for a playthrough. By all means feel free to skip it.

LOL Riots!  Anger!  Pointy things in your general direction!  Thanks for the kindness, though no need to apologize.  We're all here to have fun, and while my fun is obviously infinitely superior to your fun, games are games.  I'll probably play when my kids aren't around to ask why those cartoon ladies are carrying water balloons. 

I'll keep an eye out for another copy of Xyanide for anyone else wanting to join in.

Keelah se'lai
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 11:25:41 AM »

I'll keep an eye out for another copy of Xyanide for anyone else wanting to join in.

Glad you brought this up. I have been thinking about how we can help each other find playthrough titles and created this thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...topic=14546.msg207742#new

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »

Glad you brought this up. I have been thinking about how we can help each other find playthrough titles and created this thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...topic=14546.msg207742#new

Yer cool.  I'll try to keep an eye on that thread.

FWIW, I just tried Xyanide on my 360 and confirmed it will not work, so an original Xbox will be required.  Before anyone asks.

Not that I've been impressed with anything running on the 360's original Xbox emulation.  Except maybe Doom 3.  I seem to remember that running much better. 

I digress.

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »

Also of important note; if you look for Xyanide to purchase online, you may see a listing for a PS2, PC, and PSP version.  It isn't always listed as such (even on the cover) but these are actually the sequel, Xyanide Resurrection.  The PS2 and PSP versions are imports (obviously not an issue for PSP players.)  The PC version is indeed super cheap, but for a reason; I still can't get the silly thing to run, and I'm pretty sure the default installer has malware.  grrr

I bring this up in case someone was thinking a PS2 version would be more accessible than the Xbox game.

I popped in Otomedius, and it's just as I remembered.  Cry

Then I popped in Xyanide and it was just as I remembered.  Cool  That intro is just so, so cool to me.

Keelah se'lai
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »

So the only version for our playthough is the XBOX one, correct? The PS2, PC, and PSP titles are not the same game as the XBOX title?

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

So the only version for our playthough is the XBOX one, correct? The PS2, PC, and PSP titles are not the same game as the XBOX title?

True.

Keelah se'lai
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »

I haven't played Otomedius yet, hence my request. It's a Konami shooter, so I find it difficult to think it will be bad. A little sad Gradius V didn't make the cut, but a nice list. I'll be in for 2 for sure, and maybe 3. It depends if I want to drag the Xbox back out.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

Any reason to pull out the Duke and try to wrap your hands around that beast is a good reason, right?

I noticed how bad that sounds as I typed it, but screw it, I'm overdue for some comical banter this week. leo

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »

From what I played of Otomedius it seemed a fairly accurate remake of Gradius, I would be surprised if it's all that bad.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length