RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:15:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night  (Read 70356 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »

[img width=700 height=418]http://castlevania.neo-romance.net/cv/aria_artbook/artbook12.jpg[/img]

More information and checkpoints coming soon.

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
techwizard
ReddMcKnight
Slowman
EngineerMike
Boshamp
JerryGreenwood
GrayGhost81
wildbil52
Duke.Togo (what?? is this the real life, or is this just fantasy?)
retrosportsgamer
douglie007
RetroRage

CHECKPOINTS:
Week #1 - Meet the Ferryman
Week #2 - Reach the inverted castle.
Week #3 - Collect 3 of Dracula's relics
Week #4 - Collect Dracula's 2 remaining relics and defeat him.

***PLEASE READ: If you really want to "complete" the game, the battle with Belmont is only half of the game...... The second half of this playthrough will be the inverted castle, which starts in Week 3. If you are unsure about what you have to do to get to the second half of the game, PLEASE consult a guide about what you have to do to get to the inverted castle before battling Belmont. I would hate for some of you to miss the second half of the game. I hate to post spoilers about what to do, but if some of you need some help, please send me a PM.***
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:40:01 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »

Never actually done this before...But I think I'm in this time. Are we allowed to use the Sega Saturn Version?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

Never actually done this before...But I think I'm in this time. Are we allowed to use the Sega Saturn Version?

Sure. I'm unfamiliar as to whether there are any differences in the import version, so checkpoints could be off for you if that is the case. As long as you are playing, we are happy to have you. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »

The only differences are the inclusion of Maria as a playable character, and two very short optional areas. I will be using the regular Character, Alucard. Do we start playing now, or wait until October 1st?

EDIT: The fact is, I just don't have the PS1 Version. I have my actual Saturn Disc of SOTN though.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:17:39 AM by ReddMcKnight » Logged

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »

DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »

No worries Redd. You should absolutely still join us. That's awesome that you can play as Maria. There is a secret in the original to be able to play as Richter if anyone is interested in doing so.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »

DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

Does this mean you are in?

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »

I'm in for this... however... I will be playing it through in one sitting later in October (along with 4 other Castlevania games) for a Halloween-themed Castlevania Mega Stream I will be doing on Twitch.  Do I still count if I'm just following along everyone else's progress in the thread?

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »

I'm in for this... however... I will be playing it through in one sitting later in October (along with 4 other Castlevania games) for a Halloween-themed Castlevania Mega Stream I will be doing on Twitch.  Do I still count if I'm just following along everyone else's progress in the thread?

Absolutely you count! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game at the end.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »

I'm in.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »

Count me in as well. This is a much shorter game, so I should be able to keep up this month. Especially since I have beaten this game several times through already. Looking forward to seeing activity and reactions from those of you who haven't played this one.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

This is a much shorter game, so I should be able to keep up this month.

For this reason you can also put me on the list.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »

This is a much shorter game, so I should be able to keep up this month.

For this reason you can also put me on the list.

Sweeeet! Got ya to bite.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »

I'm going to speedrun it with a walkthrough.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

I'm in. I'll probably speedrun it too. I've still never beaten it with Ritcher though...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length