RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:55:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Voting: PSX shmup retro playthrough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which PSX shmup do you want to play in December?
G Darius   -1 (12.5%)
Raycrisis   -3 (37.5%)
Gekioh   -0 (0%)
R-Types   -0 (0%)
Mobile Light Force   -2 (25%)
Project Raiden   -2 (25%)
Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Voting: PSX shmup retro playthrough  (Read 4789 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 02, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »

Same deal, PLEASE vote.  

Please vote for the PSX game you want to play in December. One vote per person. Result will be shown when the voting is over in 3 days. Please only vote if you are intending on joining the playthrough in December. Mods, please do not mention which game(s) are in the lead. I would like for the voting to remain untainted and for people to choose the game they really want to play. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:17:18 PM by techwizard » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »

Oh man, you went for it. I don't have any of these!

I think I'm going to see whatever one is cheapest BIN on ebay right now, grab it, vote and hope for the best.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »

There's only really 2-3 real contenders, I feel, and the cheapest BIN likely won't be it.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »

bought one of the games off the list yesterday, but as usual, voted for something I don't yet own or have purchased.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »

bought one of the games off the list yesterday, but as usual, voted for something I don't yet own or have purchased.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a "reason" to have to cross a shmup off my wishlist....

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

There are hardly any copies of Mobile Light Force for sale online right now, most of them are from Europe. Most of these games aren't too far off from Einhander's price point either, and that one should have more copies available.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »

There are hardly any copies of Mobile Light Force for sale online right now, most of them are from Europe. Most of these games aren't too far off from Einhander's price point either, and that one should have more copies available.

One less after yesterday!  Grin

Now to get Gunbird 2....

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »

Sold listing of Einhander are around $45-$60 via sold on eBay. I've tried to include titles under $30-$35.

Plus, everyone has until December to get these games, so more will pop up by then.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:02:56 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »

I own all of the games voted for so far, but I only own one on this list. Here's hoping it gets picked Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »

I didn't realize Mobile Light Force was so scarce. And as for the rest of them, I'm not going to shell out just to vote.

I'm going to see what wins and try to get a copy later.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:08 AM »

The copy of Mobile Light Force I got off eBay was a bit pricey but not bad considering the seller advertised it as Brand New/sealed.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »

I've never played any of these games. Just gunna look at some screen shots and pick a title (like the good ol' days.)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »

Or watch a same of some YouTube videos

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »

I've seen a review for one of the games. They all look good, except one of them (and it's SNES counterpart is one of the worst shmups I've ever played so I'm not surprised.)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »

Looks like I'm gonna hafta bow out of this one. Not only do I not own any of the above titles, I'm ashamed to say that I've never even heard of all but two of them. Besides, the other three games will likely occupy enough of my time as it is.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length