RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:46:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | CD-I Adapter for PC or Sega Gamepads 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CD-I Adapter for PC or Sega Gamepads  (Read 6949 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »

Hi All,

So I have had a CD-I for awhile now, and I have never got to play mostly due to unable to find a cheap controller.

So I have decided to try and create the CD-I Adapter that was created by Paul Hackmann. You can read about it here:

http://cdii.blogspot.com/...-adapter-review-paul.html

This is the Analog PC Gamepad Adapter, there is also a Sega Genesis One as well out there.

Anyways, so the guy who made them no longer makes them, and released a rough explanation of how he made one. I think the guy does not want to release exactly how he did it, just because he wants to keep his own creation a secret. The instructions have been hard to find, but I was finally able to track them down through some emailing of people who know about it.

The instructions are very vague and require one to know about circuit boards and compiling software in order to actually do it.

I am wondering if anyone on here knows anything about creating adapters for controllers or have built controllers for consoles. 

I want it mostly for my own use. If it is cheap enough to make, and I can figure out how to make them easy enough, I would be willing to make them for people on here.

I know this is probably a difficult venture and possibly a longshot of actually coming together, but if anyone can help me, maybe we can bring this adapter back to life.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »

Does anyone on here know how to program ic chips

ulao
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:06:42 PM »

Your looking a the only guy on the planet that will do it, we need to talk. I can not see your profile but I hope you can see mine. Email me.
marioxb
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:06:08 AM »

Hey there. Just registered here. I'd love to use an SNES controller on my CD-i. Anyone ever come up with a way? I'm of course not the OP, but I can't see your profile ulao. Email me @ thmarioxb@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:08:47 AM by marioxb » Logged
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »

Hey there. Just registered here. I'd love to use an SNES controller on my CD-i. Anyone ever come up with a way? I'm of course not the OP, but I can't see your profile ulao. Email me @ thmarioxb@gmail.com

I am not sure it is possible. Due to the controller pin layout and specs. I have only heard of Sega and Gravis Pads being used. I can look into it, though

marioxb
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

Thanks. Sega would be ok too. I figure once I get any easy to find controller working on the cdi, I can solder to the button pads and make my own custom controller.
The_Son_of_Farore
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:07:08 AM »

Hey, I'm kinda interested in one of these adapters and was wondering if you guys ever got around to getting them working.  I don't know a whole lot about making circuit boards, but I know enough about soldering to handle that part. I grabbed a Gravis Pad today since its identical to an existing cdi controller, keeping things authentic. I'm sure I'm not the only guy looking for cheaper alternatives to cdi controllers rather than resorting to ebay prices.  Let me know what's going on.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 02:56:54 AM »

Hey Son of Farore,

I was able to make them and get them to work for a brief time. But then they just stopped working. I haven't gone back in awhile and tried to troubleshoot.  My wiring and soldering skills on this project are not too great which is what I think the problem is or it might be the power supply on these things blew out.

Sadly, the one I sent another member said his did the same as mine. I know they are programmed correctly, its just the quality of the build. When I have the time and supplies again I may revisit this project.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length