RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November Modern Community Playthrough - System Shock 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: November Modern Community Playthrough - System Shock 2  (Read 20300 times)
samus5678
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »

I got to the Rickenbacker but I haven't had much time to get much farther in it, with me crunching down on getting ready to take the A+ exam. Hopefully, when I have the tame, I will finish the game.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »

I got to the Rickenbacker but I haven't had much time to get much farther in it, with me crunching down on getting ready to take the A+ exam. Hopefully, when I have the tame, I will finish the game.

Take your time. I really appreciate you joining us. Please make a habit of it!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2014, 03:36:52 PM »

Sounds like you're getting pretty close to the end.  Reaching the Rickenbacker would probably be an appropriate Week 3 checkpoint, so you're making pretty good time.

that's not how any of us game at all (well, maybe all of us except Disposed Smiley ).

Ha!  That's actually not far from the truth.  I make it a point to finish every game I start, but if I really hate a game, I'll stop playing it.  Beyond Oasis was one in particular that I couldn't finish.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »

Beyond Oasis was one in particular that I couldn't finish.

Me either brother. That game was awful.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

i haven't hit the week 1 checkpoint yet, i really want to like this game but it does get extremely frustrating at times. i haven't put down a game that i intended to finish in a long time now, but this might be one that i need to, we'll see.

i actually like that the playthroughs put abnormal constraints on attempting to finish games. in the past i would have taken months if not over a year on some of these long RPGs that we play, but now i'm finishing them in a month, or 2 at most. it can wear you down after doing it continuously but overall i feel it's for the better.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »

Floyd mentioned this video on the podcast so I figured I'd drop it here. Funny stuff.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

I enjoy watching these Zero Punctuation reviews, but they make every single video game seem bad. I know it's just the guy's style of humour but he often doesn't paint games in a good light. Just check out the Sunset Overdrive video.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »

I enjoy watching these Zero Punctuation reviews, but they make every single video game seem bad. I know it's just the guy's style of humour but he often doesn't paint games in a good light. Just check out the Sunset Overdrive video.

i haven't watched many of his "reviews" but i think that might be the point, he's almost like AVGN.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »

Beyond Oasis was one in particular that I couldn't finish.

Me either brother. That game was awful.

Glad I wasn't alone on that one.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2014, 01:02:28 AM »

last day of november! anyone still playing this one? thanks to those who played and especially to those who finished, even though i didn't it looked like a really interesting game, but definitely not one for everyone.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »

Actually if Samus5678 ended up finishing, that's everybody. 

To echo Techwizard, thank you to all who joined on this one. Kind of an "out on a limb" choice but I am grateful for the participants who stuck it out and powered through this incredibly challenging experience.

I promise my next game will be fluffy and fun, kind of like Kirby (but not Kirby).

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »

I promise my next game will be fluffy and fun, kind of like Kirby (but not Kirby).

Jigglypuff?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »

Jigglypuff?

You wish! Actually, if we ever do Pokemon it'll be your month. You've been barking up that tree for a while now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length