RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5  (Read 31111 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »

Collectorcast Episode 26.5: Panda Space Canyon

Episode 26.5 discussion thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...rum/index.php?topic=14708

We're back with another Small Scores special! Crabby is on hiatus while Bil and Duke dig into all the fun snags of the members of RF Generation. Join us for game talk, some rambling, and our memories of Kazaa.

Get the show at http://www.collectorcast.com
Follow the Collectorcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Collectorcast
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Collectorcast
On Stitcher (enter Promo Code RFGeneration): http://www.stitcher.com/RFGeneration
On iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/u...collectorcast/id524246060
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeTogo74

Show Notes
Music: Mouryou Senki Madara (Famicom)
Topic: 43:55
Outro: 4:12:48
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:24:53 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »

Sweet.  Tomorrow's gonna be an easy work day

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »

We've heard a rumor that you guys like small scores?

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »

I just discovered the podcast last week and have been listening to back episodes. Can't wait to check this one out on the commute home from work today.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »

Greetings from Terra,

We've heard a rumor that you guys like small scores?

No, not really. Not sure where you got such a silly notion...

ANYway, a few comments & clarifications on what i've heard so far:

- The Atari calculator I sent SingleBanana was a contest prize for correctly guessing what it was. It concluded a blog I wrote a few months back:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...ng-Game-2754.php#comments

I was rather surprised, and a little disappointed, that the other calculator guy, Nupoile, didn't guess correctly.

- RoboCop's partner, Officer Lewis, was played by Nancy Allen. BTW out of all the original RoboCop cast, the guy I'd like to get a phone call from would be Kurtwood Smith. He was spot-on in playing one of the most amazing movie villains ever! And if you think otherwise, then...

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a call from the guy who played Bixby "I'd buy THAT for a dollar" Snyder, too... if he's still around.

BTW whattaya think of this t-shirt I'm planning to buy:

- It's not YouBeeSoft or OoBeeSoft... it's ACTIVISION that puts out the Skylanders figures. Come on, get with it, guys. And I've pretty much stopped with the Swap Force collecting, and have gone full-bore into the Trap Team series. Although I've beaten the story mode, I'm still working on completing every quest, finding every hidden area and item, and leveling-up & grinding to pay for upgrades for my figures. I've also been annoying Shadow Kisuragi with endless PMs about the whole deal.

- Hey Duke, does the paperback edition of Game Over have any new material that wasn't included in the hardcover? Just curious...

- I picked up the SMS Altered Beast out of morbid curiosity. For starters, I didn't even know they put it out for the SMS... though it really shouldn't have been all that surprising. I also wanted to see how well it looked and played compared to the Genesis rendition.

- As soon as I read the premise for the Half-Life: Blue Shift expansion, my first thought was, "oh, so this is Paul Blart: Mall Cop: The Game..."

- I didn't actually pick up the Piano Discovery System, though I considered it for a moment. Coincidentally, it was at the same Goodwill where I found two of the boxed Miracle Pianos I've discovered so far.

And no, Herbie Hancock did NOT write or perform Axel F; you're thinking of Harold Faltermeyer.

Not only is Rockit his most notable piece, it's also one of the creepiest music videos ever:

And we mustn't forget this little gem from the greatest Chris Farley movie ever:

- I love the GameStop price tag that was still attached to the Steel Battalion game I found. And the best part was that it was the USED price for it!

Sadly, I still have yet to find the controller rig for it. It's just a matter of time, though...

- The way tuition costs are going up stateside, combined with the crushing debt from student loans, you're probably right on the money about college being a fad, Bil... unfortunately.

- Unfortunately, I do NOT have all the Skylanders. There were a few from Giants and Swap Force that were so short-packed, I've never actually seen them "in person." And I'm way too cheap to buy them at secondary market prices. Guess i'll just hafta do without...  Sad

- at about the 1:27:00 mark: I'm starting to get the same vibe about the increasing difficulty of finding retro games at garage sales and thrifts for a steal. I'm pretty sure it's thanks mainly to the internet, but people around here by and large seem to be pretty keen about what their wares are actually worth, and price their stuff accordingly. Fortunately, when you live in an area that has a virtual glut of games and hardware, good deals can still be found here and there.

On a related note: if I do find something desirable at a particular thrift that costs a little bit more than I'm usually willing to pay for it, if the staff running the store is friendly and helpful, I'll usually buy it. To me, friendly people and good service is worth the extra buck or two...

'Late
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:02:39 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »

Agreed on the part about being willing to throw an extra couple of bones the store's way if they're helpful and friendly. There's a store in my city that I absolutely loathe and do not go to anymore for the simple fact that the staff is the least-customer service oriented group of people I've ever met. They often have solid titles, but their general attitude drives me away. Conversely, there's a store in town run by an older gentleman who has been in business for twenty years solely because of his friendly disposition and willingness to build relationships with his customers. His prices are a little higher than I would normally pay, but because of his genuine interest in his customers and willingness to stop what he's doing and personally assist you, I've bought a good amount of games from him over the last couple of years.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »

I was rather surprised, and a little disappointed, that the other calculator guy, Nupoile, didn't guess correctly.

Uhhh........ I'm certainly glad he didn't guess correctly. Already had a few friends tell me how cool that Atari calculator is on my shelf.

Also, you podcast 2600 noobs should know that Space Canyon is the name of the game. The developer was Panda. DOH!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »

- Hey Duke, does the paperback edition of Game Over have any new material that wasn't included in the hardcover? Just curious...

Yes, there was extra info thrown into both of the two later paperback releases.

@banana: Panda Space Canyon just sounds cooler.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »

Can't argue with you there...

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

Also, you podcast 2600 noobs should know that Space Canyon is the name of the game. The developer was Panda. DOH!

Why should 2600 noobs know that?  Space Panda sounds awesome, have fun with it!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »

Why should 2600 noobs know that?  Space Panda sounds awesome, have fun with it!

The only Panda that matters 'round my neck of the woods is this guy:

Speaking of which: yikes, it's all tied up in the bottom of the 2nd right now... this series has been something else, lemme tell ya.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »

AHH I'M MISSING THE GAME!

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »

btw Bil, if we're not allowed to say YOUbisoft, then you can't say Snes.  It's not a word, it's an acronym.  S.N.E.S.  Super N.E.S. is also acceptable.  Snes......gah it makes my skin crawl

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

For those of you just joining us we're discussing small scores.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »

For those of you just joining us we're discussing small scores.

Podcast discussion thread, homey.  Any discussion (barely) relating to the podcast is welcome. 

We all have our peeves, Retro.  I'll do my best to refrain from any further snes talk.

Zag and zcrich-I was talking to a buddy a few nights ago about a local board game store that sells games at retail prices.  At first I couldn't understand why I would shop there instead of Amazon where everything costs less.  Then I met the dude who runs the store and now I buy everything from him.  Great people who run great stores are worth the cash.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length