RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | db Grafx Booster TTP - Add-on board for TG16 & PC-Engine RGB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: db Grafx Booster TTP - Add-on board for TG16 & PC-Engine RGB  (Read 3244 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »

http://www.db-elec.com/ho...testedandfullyoperational

The db Grafx Booster TTP (Twin Turbo Power) is a sort of Turbo Booster clone but without the memory features; it strictly focuses on the A/V output of the TurboGrafx-16 and PC-Engine. The name Twin Turbo Power comes from the fact that the db Grafx Booster adds two video output capabilities to the TurboGrafx-16 and PC-Engine: CVBS video (i.e. the yellow cable) and RGB SCART. It also gives TurboGrafx-16 and PC-Engine owners the ability to hear their games in glorious stereo audio!

Sign me up for one!

[img width=381 height=400]http://www.db-elec.com/_/rsrc/1414257542329/home/News/dbgrafxboosterttptestedandfullyoperational/dbGrafxBooster_g16.jpg?height=400&width=381[/img]

[img width=399 height=243]http://www.db-elec.com/_/rsrc/1414257542381/home/News/dbgrafxboosterttptestedandfullyoperational/dbGrafxBooster_pce.jpg?height=243&width=400[/img]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:35:16 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

I don't see a price yet, unfortunately.
I'm lucky in that my TG-16 CAME with a Turbo Booster, but I'd still need the stereo mod I think. It's nice to see this is almost ready for production, and I'd rather pick one up than mod the hardware. Now, if they could make an all-in-one System Card for CD, I'd be collecting for TG/PCE on a more consistent basis.

EDIT: Just saw the pictures you posted. That's a fairly simplistic board - I'm surprised no one thought of this before, or at least carried it to this stage.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »

Holy... um, this is fantastic. I hope the price is reasonable.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »

db Grafx Booster TTP should go on sale sometime in mid November.
November?! But I don't want to wait    Sad
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »

I feel blessed to have acquired a TurboBooster w/o having to sell a vital organ to get it, so I'm okay for now, but this is a neat item - especially with the ability to use a Genesis 2 RGB/SCART cable.  I'd consider buying one and putting away the TurboBooster if it was reasonably priced.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »

The product page lists the price as $52.50.  Since we're before the release, maybe this will change, but it's what's listed for now.

http://www.db-elec.com/home/products

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

$52.50? That's fantastic. Thanks.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 12:40:02 AM »

That's an easy buy. Let's hope it remains that price.

monstrtomstr
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »

Speaking of TG, I have one with only Keith Courage and while I love Keith Courage, I'm not getting much out of the system since most of the games are really expensive. Are there any good, affordable games? Should I hang onto it and just save up for those pricey games or would it be better in the hands of someone else?

[img width=318 height=109]http://i57.tinypic.com/2rope7d.jpg[/img]
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:43:26 AM »

Speaking of TG, I have one with only Keith Courage and while I love Keith Courage, I'm not getting much out of the system since most of the games are really expensive. Are there any good, affordable games? Should I hang onto it and just save up for those pricey games or would it be better in the hands of someone else?

Well, no game is going to be as affordable as Keith Courage, and TG-16 collecting doesn't have as many $5 gems as NES or Genesis collecting.  But, $20-$30 (or less!) will still buy you some fun games.  Bonk's Adventure, Blazing Lazers, R-Type, Legendary Axe i & II, JJ & Jeff, bloody Wolf, Alien Crush, Pac-Land, and even the much maligned China Warrior can be had in this range.  It's up to you whether this constitutes enough bang for your buck.  if not, there's always the sales forum.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »

If you're just looking to play and not necessarily collect, there is always the option of a flash cart.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length