RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:19:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Krusty's Super Funhouse SNES (different versions?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Krusty's Super Funhouse SNES (different versions?)  (Read 1286 times)
supernorst
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:13:17 AM »

Over the last few years, I have been trying to obtain and replay some of my old games I had when I was a kid. One of these is Krusty's Super Funhouse on the SNES. Upon playing through the game I noticed that the music in the version I have now is significantly different than what I remember. So I did some research and found there are alternate tracks to many of the areas in the game. However, I have not found anywhere on the internet any info or proof that there are 2 different versions of the game, nor can I find any kind of music select option or code to change music.

Take a listen to stage 2 of the game. Current version I own.

Here's the alternate version of the stage, one I owned as a kid. I prefer this tune.

Anyone have any insight on why they might have composed 2 different soundtracks for this game? Not much came up on this game when I did a search.

Gamer of All Generations
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »

Version differences[edit]
There are two versions of the Super NES game. Version 1.1 featured completely different music tracks for the second and fourth worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ki/Krusty's_Fun_House

Theoretically, the v1.1 cartridge would either have a "-1" Part # or would be stamped with an A on the back of the cartridge:
[img width=700 height=525]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/9rQAAOxyJX1TBkwu/$_57.JPG[/img]

EDIT: FOUND ONE!
[img width=700 height=525]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/WH8AAMXQ1ZhTe4Rk/$_57.JPG[/img]

Changes in music usually have to deal with licensing deals - maybe they weren't approved to use that music. The composer for Krusty's Fun House was David Whittaker, who left for Electronic Arts shortly after the game was released. It's possible that a previous agreement fell through and they had to replace the music for those stages, or some other arrangement... Unfortunately, you likely wouldn't know unless you asked the guy himself.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:47:21 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

supernorst
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »

Cool man, thank you for finding that out. I will be looking for the variant.

Gamer of All Generations
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length