RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:16:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Do I still say I have the box if the game is in a generic/non-orginal case? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do I still say I have the box if the game is in a generic/non-orginal case?  (Read 2301 times)
sega dude
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

When using the collection tools on this site, I never know to say if I have a box for a game if the game is in a generic or non-orginal case. I'm mostly taking about things like the generic gamestop cases. Some saturn games came in cardboard slipcases. I have two Saturn games like this (Daytona USA and Bootleg sampler), but the the cases they came in from eBay are just the front of the cardboard slipcase in a regular jewel case. In the case of Daytona USA, I have the complete retail case from when I lost my original disc. So it's the retail case, and the not for resale disc. I also have print out custom Cover Project DVD case inserts for my Saturn, Dreamcast and Sega CD games that I never got with the original cases. Can I say I have the box in this case?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »

The collection tool is yours to use - if you think you have a box, or what you consider a box, then you do! The statistics are just there to be helpful and interesting.
Personally, I represent it to mean that I have the original box.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »

The collection tool is yours to use - if you think you have a box, or what you consider a box, then you do! The statistics are just there to be helpful and interesting.
Personally, I represent it to mean that I have the original box.

Samesies
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »

You can also put something in the notes for the game that says the box isn't original as a reminder. I often do this with prototypes or repros.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »

i would personally say no, but like everyone says it's entirely up to what you prefer. though if you ever went to sell something on here that's on your list, make sure the buyer is clear that what you have marked as "box" isn't original Tongue
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »

A related question, is it proper to include games I only own digitally on my list?

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »

Up to you of course. Think of the database as your collecting tool. Do what you want with it. Some digital releases are actually included in the database.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:10:20 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »

Ok, good. Over half my list is digital.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »

Another note: you have the option to make subfolders if you want to keep certain items in separate lists If you click on 'manage'
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »

there are separate sections of the database for digital games. like if you have steam games, there's a steam console option that you would look under, not PC.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »

personal choice. myself, I don't have the box unless it was the same one that originally shipped with the cart or disc inside of it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length