RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:20:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Blog changes NOT saving 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blog changes NOT saving  (Read 2335 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

I am unable to get the field in regards to have a blog featured on the front page option to save.  With my first blog, I thought I had done something wrong.  Here, I checked on the settings before creating my second one last night, and it was checked.  Then today I found where it was AGAIN not checked!

This is disheartening enough when I have chronic fatigue and I'm trying to write stuff in between naps (plus it took me like an hour and a half last night trying to fix graphic messes with dashes and stuff that differed from this site from my word processor, I had to put in links, etc.).  Ok, so blogs "of merit" doesn't necessarily mean they'll be featured on the front page, I get that (plus it hasn't been 24 hours since I submitted it, but I'd like to make sure this doesn't happen again).  But here I'm not even getting a chance at that, which is annoying.

Please look into this, as it's doubtful I'm going to do a third blog if this persists.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:37:07 PM by Vectorguy » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

Just wanted to let you know, the setting is correct in the database:
blog_agreement_okayed 1

The option itself has notoriously caused problems, but I wanted to let you know that you don't need to mess with it anymore. It's on my extremely large TODO list that I'll hopefully get some time during the holidays to whittle down.

I've also verified that I can promote your blog. The option is just an agreement to allow it to be featured on the front page if a staff member promotes it, not an automatic promotion to the front page. If you'd like to have your blog featured on the front page, talk to singlebanana and the blog staff, as they have a metered schedule for releases.

Sorry for the frustration. Also, I'm not sure if this helps, but I go to a doctor that specializes in chronic fatigue (which I've been struggling with myself), and his theory with it centers around old infections (especially viral). In my case, it turned out that I had a chronic mono infection, and the fatigue fades away fairly quickly when I'm on the antivirals. It might be worth investigating.
http://www.drjohnhudson.com/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:03:00 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »

Just wanted to let you know, the setting is correct in the database:
blog_agreement_okayed 1

Thanks.

The option itself has notoriously caused problems, but I wanted to let you know that you don't need to mess with it anymore. It's on my extremely large TODO list that I'll hopefully get some time during the holidays to whittle down.

Ah, should have done a search for it first then!

The option is just an agreement to allow it to be featured on the front page if a staff member promotes it, not an automatic promotion to the front page.

Yes, I had already acknowledged that in my post.

Also, I'm not sure if this helps,

No, but thanks anyway.  Mine is a different kind, as there's one factor and two more surgeries that will clear it up, none of which I have the money for right now.  Interesting though Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:28 PM »

Cool. My wife spent 4 1/2 years tracking down what was causing hers, so I figured I'd throw out an option since we went down so many paths. Wink

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »

I hear ya, and sympathize: a rare illness that takes 11 doctors to diagnose, going through nonsense like being told I had A. I. D. S. (without an A. I. D. S. test being performed first; yeah, right), etc.  Lips Sealed

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 01:37:22 PM »

One last thing in regards to this subject: I'm going to put up a post about this, only majorly trimmed down, and wanted to know if it would be considered spamming to have my blog up and a post about the very same subject.  Because if that's the case, then I'd ask for that blog entry to be deleted.  Because I figured a way to get attention to the wiki is to either have it featured or have a post put up, and without a feature I only got two comments.  That doesn't really help, along with being discouraged with people saying "great idea for a wiki!", then hardly anyone enters any information for it (not counting Leej07, who DID create a page on there, at least, so props, thanks, and a shoutout to him Smiley ).

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »

If my vote counts for anything, I think you should post something in the forum as well as make a blog post.

I've done it before with the small scores thread were I wanted to type up something longer and show a bunch of pictures. I would make a smaller forum post pointing to the blog post. I really don't think anyone will accuse you of spamming  Smiley

Don't get discouraged by only getting a few people showing interest, this site has only a small number of active posters compared to other sites. Percentage wise I would guess you are getting more quality views and comments than some other places. I enjoy the things you post about and hope you continue, I've liked it so far even if I haven't done anything more than nod in agreement at my computer screen.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »

If my vote counts for anything, I think you should post something in the forum as well as make a blog post.

I really don't think anyone will accuse you of spamming  Smiley

Yeah, especially since I saw where someone also posted on here and put in a link to his blog...which his blog is also on here since I made this post.  So never mind about that then Smiley

Don't get discouraged by only getting a few people showing interest, this site has only a small number of active posters compared to other sites.

Well the thing is, there's quite a few people on here that are my age (40s) or close to it, so I figured the wiki could get some action for those of us back in the day that want to have a record of their arcades that they went to but you can't find anywhere a single shred of evidence anywhere on the internet that they ever existed.  Of course younger people who attend today's arcades are free to add pages as well, there are just far more closed than open arcades nowadays, especially when you go all the way back to the beginning of arcades first appearing in the 1970s, and even well before then when they just had pinball machines.

I enjoy the things you post about and hope you continue, I've liked it so far even if I haven't done anything more than nod in agreement at my computer screen.

I appreciate it; if there were a way to give you a karma vote on here like with Proboards sites, I'd definitely give one to you right now Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »

There's Karma - it's just hidden, as we've had some backlash with it in the past.

I went to many arcades as a kid, and most of them have disappeared, but to be honest I don't care to really write about the experiences. There's no one that I really shared the experiences with except my wife.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »

There's Karma - it's just hidden, as we've had some backlash with it in the past.

I THOUGHT I'd seen it on here before!  Stupid for people to abuse that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length