RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:29:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 850016 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2015, 09:39:37 AM »

Been trying to play God of War III, but oh how I hate the QTE's and mash-the-circle-button sequences. I was going to try to balls my way through it, but it really sucks. Almost time to pack up the PS3 anyway.

Lots of people dislike the QTE segments in God of War, but I think it's part of the game's charm.  When I bought the GoW Saga set and snagged all the games, I played through each one in release order, and had a blast over the few weeks it took me to get through all of them.  Of course, the battle with Zeus at the end of the 3rd game drove me batty, because it took me forever to take him down, but overall I quite liked the GoW games.  Don't have Ascension yet, however, need to add that one to my collection...

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »

That's fair FRO, it's not like I didn't know what I was signing up for.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »

I started playing Axiom Verge... it has stopped me from playing anything else.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »

Was in the wrong thread before...

"Finished Pacific Rim and Worms Revolution.
Probably going to get back into Saints Row now."

Actually ended up finishing the single player achievements in Kane & Lynch (JP) and then played a little Worms 2: Armageddon.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »

Now the Witcher 3 has stopped me from playing Axiom Verge. This is getting ridiculous.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »

Laid the smackdown on The Pinball Arcade.
It is a bad pinball fx.
Fewer camera angles, some tables have "floaty" balls, sometimes flippers get stuck, sometimes the ball decides it is going to travel thru a flipper (this one has always been beneficial at least), etc

I don't know if i'll be able to knock out all the Wizard Challenges on the 3 tables i have left
Black Hole - fun table hard challenges
Ripleys Believe it or Not - meh table challenges look easier
Theater of Magic - meh also is the floatiest feeling table. Has at least one hard challenge.

EDIT
Got all Wizard Challenges done on Black Hole.
Played for a bit on the other 2 tables. Think i managed to get one done on each. I think if i put in some effort learning the tables i could consistently pull off the maneuvers needed to get Wizard done on both of them. That being said i'm not sure if i will bother....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:17:01 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2015, 10:01:03 PM »

Did end up going back to Pinball Arcade.
Got all but 2 (which i should get at the same time eventually) of the wizard goals on the Theater of Magic table.
Turns out the 100 mil jackpot was somewhat tough as you had to get your first shot of a specific multiball into a small hole. I managed to juggle the first and second ball over to the left flipper bounce the 3rd ball over the bumper above my right flipper and get it lined up properly. In my case more luck than skill was probably involved.

Final set of wizard goals i need are completing all Illusions and completing the Grand Finale.
Grand Finale is unlocked by starting the specific multiball, spelling THEATRE by taking the left most orbit(off the tip of right flipper), get the clock to midnight with the right most orbit(off the tip of left flipper) and completing all Illusions.

Once that is done i have 90 seconds to perform some task that i can't remember now.... With luck i'll get it done on the first try. I can't imagine putting all this time in and then failing so closely...

I managed to meet all the requirements minus one Illusion on my first ball earlier tonight. Ended up with 2 nearly instadrains after that Cry   After slowly deteriorating from there i decided to give up for the night. Probably give it another go tomorrow.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #487 on: May 27, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »

Played a little bit of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments on PS3 last night, thinking I wouldn't like it and delete it right away. I actually quite enjoyed my brief time with it and I think I might save it to play with my wife because I think she'd be into it.

Other than that I'm just playing single-serve NDS games. I've hit up Contra 4, Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario Kart, and Lego Batman 2. All fun. I really like Metroid Prime Pinball.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #488 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »

Got all but 2 (which i should get at the same time eventually) of the wizard goals on the Theater of Magic table.
Turns out the 100 mil jackpot was somewhat tough as you had to get your first shot of a specific multiball into a small hole. I managed to juggle the first and second ball over to the left flipper bounce the 3rd ball over the bumper above my right flipper and get it lined up properly. In my case more luck than skill was probably involved.

Final set of wizard goals i need are completing all Illusions and completing the Grand Finale.
Grand Finale is unlocked by starting the specific multiball, spelling THEATRE by taking the left most orbit(off the tip of right flipper), get the clock to midnight with the right most orbit(off the tip of left flipper) and completing all Illusions.

Once that is done i have 90 seconds to perform some task that i can't remember now.... With luck i'll get it done on the first try. I can't imagine putting all this time in and then failing so closely...

I managed to meet all the requirements minus one Illusion on my first ball earlier tonight. Ended up with 2 nearly instadrains after that Cry   After slowly deteriorating from there i decided to give up for the night. Probably give it another go tomorrow.

I swear I've played Theatre of Magic somewhere, and remember that 90s being a pain.

Playing LOTS of Lara Croft: Relic Run. Working with the other person that's far ahead to try to figure out the rest of the achievements that have yet to be unlocked. We still haven't figured out where the 6th curse is supposed to come from.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

More Witcher 3. The game is rough around the edges but a great game.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #490 on: May 27, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »

I've never been a FPS kind of guy, outside of classics like Wolfenstein 3D, Doom I & II, and Duke Nukem 3D.  However, the last couple days I've been enjoying Medal of Honor: European Assault.  I started playing on Monday because of Memorial Day.  Both of my grandfathers served in WW2, and since one of them was a machine gunner on the front lines, similar to the campaigns in this game, it made me appreciate the military and what he had to do during wartime even more.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #491 on: May 27, 2015, 05:47:26 PM »

I managed to meet all the requirements minus one Illusion on my first ball earlier tonight. Ended up with 2 nearly instadrains after that Cry   After slowly deteriorating from there i decided to give up for the night. Probably give it another go tomorrow.

I swear I've played Theatre of Magic somewhere, and remember that 90s being a pain.

Playing LOTS of Lara Croft: Relic Run. Working with the other person that's far ahead to try to figure out the rest of the achievements that have yet to be unlocked. We still haven't figured out where the 6th curse is supposed to come from.

That reminds me.

Defiance hard / long grind / guide required??
All three?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #492 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »

I forget to post here. Probably too busy actually playing. I beat NG+ on Dark Souls II the other day:

I'm finishing up the DLC again now, and then on to NG++!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #493 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:09 PM »

6th curse is MIA also got a buttload of Ankhs that disappeared also ran into some other atrocious glitch but can't remember it now.
All the glitches in games are just blurring together now....

On the plus side it seems lik i've gotten all the harder stuff done. Just the grind and 1500 no slide Cheesy

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #494 on: May 27, 2015, 11:36:08 PM »

Defiance is just long grind - no guide required.
I've almost done the 2nd boss without any ankhs, since I don't have any from the drops. 1500 slide I've died quite a few times just before unlocking, and had no ankhs.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length