RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849644 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #510 on: June 24, 2015, 07:53:12 AM »

@Crabby: Congrats!

Lego Jurassic World is one of the best TT Lego games I've played. 

Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #511 on: July 04, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »

After years of procrastination, I finally decided to play through Zelda's Adventure on CD-i...on real hardware no less. Smiley SirPsycho provided me a Let's Play/Walkthrough years ago, and I'll be making use of it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #512 on: July 04, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

After years of procrastination, I finally decided to play through Zelda's Adventure on CD-i...on real hardware no less. Smiley SirPsycho provided me a Let's Play/Walkthrough years ago, and I'll be making use of it.

masochist

Spoiler (hover to show)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #513 on: July 04, 2015, 05:24:02 PM »

masochist

Spoiler (hover to show)

It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Granted, it's not nearly as good as the original LoZ or Link to the Past, but it's not that bad either. "Average" would be a good word to describe it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2015, 12:56:50 AM »

been play-testing a bunch of PS3 games that have sat on my shelf for years without being touched, trying to decide which are keepers and which can go. i remember trying Lost Planet once very quickly years ago and thinking it was terrible, that the controls sucked and the camera was wonky. now i tried it and tweaked one or two settings and it was perfect and a blast to play, i feel stupid now about the animosity i've felt towards the series all these years.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »

been play-testing a bunch of PS3 games that have sat on my shelf for years without being touched, trying to decide which are keepers and which can go. i remember trying Lost Planet once very quickly years ago and thinking it was terrible, that the controls sucked and the camera was wonky. now i tried it and tweaked one or two settings and it was perfect and a blast to play, i feel stupid now about the animosity i've felt towards the series all these years.

I remember trying to play Lost Planet (and its sequel), and thought they were both pretty bad.  Maybe I should give them another shot....

As for me, I've also been trying to clear my shelves of some games.  Pulled a few PS4 games off my shelf that I intend to sell (technically they've already been sold), but wanted to play through a couple of them before getting rid of them.  The first of which being Murdered: Soul Suspect, which I finished over the weekend.  I know this game got pretty bad reviews, but I still enjoyed it.  The other game which I still need to finish is Call of Duty: Ghosts.  From what I hear, this game has very mixed reviews, but I'm about half way through the campaign and am enjoying it.  Although, this is the first CoD game I've played since the first Modern Warfare (other than World at War, which was a co-op experience), so maybe I haven't worn out the series yet like many other people have.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »

Have since gotten a new Vita, finished Murisaki Baby, started Stranger's Wrath and am nearing completion of Sound Shapes.
LEGO Jurassic World is ok, but the current version is one of the glitchiest LEGO games I've ever played.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #517 on: July 10, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »

I've been playing through Batman: Arkham Knight. The game looks gorgeous, especially while standing on a rooftop and staring at the city. I'm almost done with the main story now, and I'm about 50 or so riddler trophies away from completion.
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #518 on: July 15, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »

Finished off Grim Fandango Remastered finally. Very really good all the way through.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #519 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »

Working my way thru Civ Rev on 360

Technological victory on Deity is eluding me...

EDIT
NAILED IT!
Took too damn long... Past my bed time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:34:01 PM by Izret101 » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #520 on: July 22, 2015, 06:44:38 PM »

EDIT
NAILED IT!

Always love seeing people checking this game out. I've mentioned it before but I've lost entire weekends of my life to this game, and recently cruised through about a dozen completions on the DS version (which is a surprisingly good conversion).

I've been playing Tales of Graces f when I have time. When all else fails, when I can't choose what to play next, I just grab a Tales game and it's like mama's home cooking. I was in the mood for an easy one too and boy...

See at the bottom where it says "Next: Head to the Manor?" At any time you can hit L1 and the game reminds you, in case you have a thirty second attention span such as I do, what your dumbass is supposed to do next. I'm still in the prologue where the main characters are children, which a lot of people didn't like, but I'm digging it just fine. Tales games kick ass.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »

I've been playing Arkham Knight off and on for the past month (since it released).  I like it quite a bit, just haven't had a whole lot of time to invest into it yet.

I played and finished Spec Ops: The Line about a week ago, but I'm going to have to play through it again since I'm pretty hazy on some of the story details.  Fortunately the game is short, so that won't take long.

I also just started Ocarina of Time 3D and have finished the first dungeon.  I haven't played this game since it first came out, so I remember practically nothing about it.  So far, it is just as good as I remember.  A friend of mine finished the game pretty recently and was telling me about a lot of annoying/frustrating things about it, and he came away with a pretty unfavorable opinion of the game, so I'm curious to see if I end up feeling the same way when it's over.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

Started J Stars Victory Vs and it's not terrible but not great. I rented this one and probably won't put a lot of time in to it.

I'm continuing my playthrough of Phantasy Star 2. A grinding we will go.....

I started playing Dying Light again and I'm enjoying it so far but I'm not sure how long it can hold my attention.

I played through the demo of Tembo the Elephant and I like it but not enough to spend $15 on it. Once the price hits around $5.00 I'll pick it up.... I also purchased Castle in the Darkness recently and honestly it looks like the better game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #523 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »

EDIT
NAILED IT!

Always love seeing people checking this game out. I've mentioned it before but I've lost entire weekends of my life to this game, and recently cruised through about a dozen completions on the DS version (which is a surprisingly good conversion).

I plowed through it on the phone quite some time ago (also was good there).
I told my brother i would have it finished before the week was out despite having almost no time to play. Since i knocked out all the hard things i MIGHT be able to do so. I think all i have left is getting a win with all civs. Already have 6/16(?) of them done.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2015, 06:22:55 PM »

It took me all week to finish a single game of CIv rev. I kept falling asleep. Apparently 1 turn before winning i hit a button sequence and canceled building the World Bank to win.
On the plus side i got a few more of the special historical people i needed...

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length