RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:48:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855180 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »

I recently finished World of Final Fantasy (at least the main story, I still want to go back and complete some of the postgame content), and I really enjoyed it overall.  I've mostly heard it described by others as 'Final Fantasy meets Pokemon', and I'd have to agree with that description.  I think the combat system is familiar enough for old-school fans to appreciate it, but I also think there are enough twists to it to keep newer players interested.  There's plenty of fan service that is obviously targeted toward long time fans of the series, so most of those references will be lost on those who haven't played many FF games.  As such, I'm not sure if I would recommend it unless you are a FF fan, but I still think it is a solid game regardless.

Since I have a couple of weeks before Final Fantasy XV hits, I decided I would try to fit in a shorter game to pass the time, so I finally started playing Terranigma.  I'm a big fan of its predecessor Illusion of Gaia, and I've heard that Terranigma is superior in pretty much every way and is one of the best hidden gems on the SNES/SFC, so I feel like I've put this one off long enough.  I've only put about an hour into it so far, but I have to say it's not living up to the hype for me.  I'm still enjoying it, it's just not blowing me away like I thought it would.  However, I'm still very early in the game, and I suspect that it will pick up quite a bit once I finish the first main objective (completing the 5 towers).

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1336 on: November 20, 2016, 05:58:39 PM »

Just finished Saints Row: The Third. Fun game, rediculous story, but then again that's the whole point of it.

I wonder what I'll be playing next...
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1337 on: November 23, 2016, 08:16:26 AM »

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (WP) - Namco should go back and give this treatment to some of their other franchises.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1338 on: November 25, 2016, 01:28:15 AM »

Playing Fallout 4 using mods. Played through the Cannibal House adventure mod, pretty neat!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1339 on: November 25, 2016, 11:03:44 PM »

Been playing

Disney Infinity (360) Seems fun. Finished online required stuff. Nearly died since the intro was SUPER reminiscent of Project Spark.

Disney Infinity 2.0 (360 & One) Fun. Finished online required stuff. Messed around with a bit of the offline.

Disney Infinity 3.0 (360 & One) Fun. Cleared the Marvel Battlegrounds DLC. Borrowing the Dory DLC in the near future.

Letter Quest: Grimms Journey Remastered (One) - Fun. Word game. I like these.

World of Tanks (360 & One) - Still greatly enjoy it.

Zeno Clash (360) - Utter trash

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1340 on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »

Started playing Super Mario Galaxy this weekend. What a great game!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1341 on: November 28, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »

I finished Terranigma over the holiday break (well, holiday for us in the USA), and I gotta say, I found it to be pretty disappointing.

So with very little time before FF XV hits and I dive headfirst into that, I started playing an indie game I got from a recent Humble Bundle called Chroma Squad.  I'm actually blown away by how much I'm getting into this charming little game.  It's essentially a simplified take on the strategy-RPG genre (think Fire Emblem or Shining Force) but with something that feels like town-building elements between battles (although you're building a TV recording studio, not a town).  Neat game, I highly recommend it!

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1342 on: November 28, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »

I always preferred Terranigma to Illusion of Gaia because it allowed you to level up as much as you wanted rather than getting specific upgrades when clearing an area. There's also a really great story to it like Illusion of Gaia. Soul Blazer is a decent game from the series, but it's got a limited story line.

I've been playing some games through the Retro Achievements emulators, as a bit of a challenge. I played the worthwhile Castlevania games for GBA, the Metroid games, and started on NES games using their emulator.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1343 on: November 29, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »

It sounds like I'm missing out on some games for the SNES in Terranigma and Soul Blazer.

I beat Dragon Quest Heroes last night and now I'm trying to get all the trophies.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1344 on: December 02, 2016, 04:44:41 PM »

Killzone (PS2) - Despite playing a bit of the Vita installment, I've never played the original that started it all. I'm enjoying it so far, it feels slightly slower then other FPS games.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1345 on: December 04, 2016, 08:26:00 AM »

Roll in the Hole (WP) - Almost halfway done now.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1346 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:57 AM »

Struggling to beat X-Com 2.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1347 on: December 08, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »

Donkey Kong (Wii U) - I finally beat this game after all these years!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1348 on: December 10, 2016, 03:18:50 PM »

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Wii U) - This game has been more fun then I thought it would be. There are several annoying issues that hinder the fun at times however.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1349 on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »

I'm back to playing some games again.

Watch Dogs 2 (X1) - Finished. I like this a lot more than the first game and you can really mess with the open world mechanics for some unexpected results. I love calling the cops of people or bombing them with my drone.

Dead Rising 4 (X1) - Just installed.

Final Fantasy 15 (X1) - This game is odd. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I think I like it.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length