RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849621 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1455 on: July 01, 2017, 05:25:37 PM »

Super Mario Bros. (NES) - Was really cool watching my little girl beat World 1-4 for the first time. She got excited running around thinking she beat the game and then World 2-1 started Tongue

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1456 on: July 03, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »

Valkyria Chronicles (X1): Valkyria Revolution - It's cut scenes the game. So far it's been an ok action rpg but there are so many cut scenes.

Shining Force 2 (Gen): I've been having fun with this one but re doing the game room has been taking up most of my time.

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) - Played a little bit to test out the new component cables.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1457 on: July 03, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Injustice 2 - Has way more content than appears at first glance.

Nitroplus Blasterz - It's girls fighting, I ain't gotta explain jack.

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max - Again, it's girls fighting, I ain't gotta explain it.

P.S.
If anyone can reccommend more fighting games with a "proper" Arcade Mode, I'd appreciate it.
(Proper = An Arcade Ladder with individual character endings)

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1458 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »

Nier Automata  - This is a really strange game but I like it.

The Last Guardian - Getting Trico to move can be a pain but the environments are great.

Knack - not as bad as I thought

Shining Force 2 - Still grinding but I haven't had a lot of time for this one of late.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1459 on: August 07, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »

I've been swamped with games lately. I'm half way through Horizon Zero Dawn.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1460 on: August 09, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »

Haven't check in for a while, so here goes:

Persona 5 - Still going on this one with about 85 hours in it so far.  I took a break from it for awhile for no real particular reason, but I've recently started it back up and am still really enjoying it.

Horizon Zero Dawn - I've had my ups and downs with this game, and right now I'm feeling kind of down on it again.  I'm hoping I'll get really into it again and that momentum will carry me through to the end of the game and leave me with a positive lasting impression, but right now I feel like I just want to be done with it.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - I've heard so many good things about these games, so I wanted to start playing them for myself.  Despite a few minor complaints, I'm really enjoying it.  It feels reminiscent of classic PS1 era RPGs.  I've got around 35-40 hours in it so far, and I think I'm about two-thirds of the way through it.

Galaxy of Pen & Paper - I picked up this recently released indie game because it's from the same developer Chroma Squad, a game I really enjoyed.  It's different from Chroma Squad, but I like it, I think.  I still need to put some more time into it.

Shining Force II - I'm running late, but still plugging away at this for the community playthrough.

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - I've been playing this off and on since watching the Castlevania series on Netflix.  I'm at the penultimate level.

Learn Japanese to Survive! Hiragana Battle - Ever since my Retron 5 went on the fritz, I've been trying to learn Japanese myself so I wouldn't have to rely on that thing to play Japanese games.  This game is one of many learning tools I'm using.  It's not a particularly good game, but it makes for a fairly entertaining study tool.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1461 on: August 11, 2017, 08:00:02 AM »

@Disposed Hero: If you have an Iphone try an app called Memrise. It will help you with learn Hiragana and Katakana.

Horizon Zero Dawn: - I have two more story missions and the game is complete.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1462 on: August 11, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »

@Disposed Hero: If you have an Iphone try an app called Memrise. It will help you with learn Hiragana and Katakana.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I just downloaded it and it seems really cool so far.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1463 on: August 14, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »

@Disposed Hero: You're welcome and good luck!

Mega Man Collection 2 (X1) - It's definitely a no frills collection but it works for the price.

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - Finished. I was a little sick of this game by the time it ended but I enjoyed my time with it.

Rachet & Clank (PS4) - A fun reboot. I'm looking forward to playing more.

Bloodborne (PS4) - I played for about an hour and it's fun but I need more time.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1464 on: August 17, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »

Been playing a lot of GTA5. Great game. I'm about halfway through the story.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1465 on: August 21, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »

Rachet & Clank (PS4) - Almost done. The remix is a lot easier than what I remember of the 2002 original. I need to finish this so I can start Agents of Mayhem.

Infamous Second Son (PS4) - You can tell it's a launch game by the way it uses the DS4 but it's not terrible.

The Last Guardian (PS4) - I'm around half way through. Stupid tree.

Gravity Rush (PS4) - So far I like Gravity Rush 2 better but I want to finish the first one before the sequel.

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 (PS4) - I like the Xone version better. For some reason the game keeps making Meg Man slide. It's the only game to do this so I'm more apt to blame the game than me.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1466 on: August 22, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »

Plowing through STALKER: Call of Pripyat.  Not sure how much longer the game is, but just going by the weapon and armor upgrade menu that the Technicians have I can see I am skipping quite a bit.  It is really cool that this is in the game, but if it is entirely peripheral then it is also kind of pointless.  Who knows, maybe in the second playthrough.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1467 on: August 25, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »

Playing through the first Dark Souls again. Fresh new character but trying to beat it wearing no armor. So far its been pretty challenging. I am currently in Anor Londo.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1468 on: August 28, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »

Gravity Rush (PS4) - I made it past mission 8. A good game.

Agents of Mayhem (X1) - Finished. I kept playing thinking it's going to get better. It didn't.

World to the West (PS4) - An interesting little puzzle/adventure game.

I'm trying to decide what to play next between Tales of Berseria or Yakuza 0. I'm leaning towards Yakuza 0.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1469 on: August 28, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »

I'm trying to decide what to play next between Tales of Berseria or Yakuza 0. I'm leaning towards Yakuza 0.

I haven't played Tales of Berseria, but Yakuza 0 is amazing!  Easily one of my favorite games I've played this year.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length