RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:11:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 854911 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1545 on: November 17, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Wii U) - I've finally arrived at Prestige Master, so I've not been playing nightly anymore. Also started getting more into Search & Destroy and really enjoying it.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1546 on: November 20, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »

Nier: Automata - I've got a little over 10 hours in this game.  While I am enjoying it, it's not blowing me away like I was hoping it would.  I feel like I'm still waiting for something big to happen to change to my mind.

Trails in the Sky SC - Just reached Chapter 4.  Nothing new to say.  Still enjoying it.

Super Mario Odyssey - I finished the main story and did a bit of the extra stuff, but I think I'm more or less done with this game now.  I may pick it up every now and then though.  Awesome game, highly recommended to anyone who enjoys these types of games.

Cuphead - I think I'm halfway through World 3.  I find this game super frustrating because of its difficulty, but I keep coming back to it, which I think says a lot.  If this game wasn't as well made as it is, I probably would have quit playing a long time ago.

Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Finished Episode 1.  Pretty good so far.

Wolfenstein II - Just started this and have only played an hour or two.  Seems pretty good so far.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:58:36 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1547 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »

100% Batman Arhkam VR.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1548 on: November 21, 2017, 04:15:17 PM »

Enjoying the heck out of South Park: FBW. Hope I can finish it tonight.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1549 on: November 22, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »

Star Wars Battlefront II: The campaign is exactly as described. It starts out with strong mission structure and narrative and after a couple levels it devolves in to look here's Luke Skywalker who happens to be on the same planet here to help you. This game makes me want to replay Republic Commando or the Jedi Knight series.

Marvel Super Heroes II: I'm liking this one so far. It's still a Lego game at heart but it's one of the better ones I've played.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1550 on: November 27, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »

Battlefront II - Finished. With a little bit of work the campaign could have been a lot better. There were a lot of bugs. In one mission I respawned on the side of a ship and started floating in to space. I couldn't move and just let the game go to see how high I could fly.

Ass Creed Origins - Finished. This is a great Ass Creed game. It still has the Ubisoft open world formula but there's enough variety in the side quests and story to make it worthwhile. You will still be climbing a lot of towers and taking out enemy bases.

Cat Quest (PS4) - I'm loving this game. An action RPG that doesn't take itself seriously is just what I need.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1551 on: November 30, 2017, 03:42:33 AM »

Asteroids (2600): I've been wanting to play some Asteroids since Thanksgiving, but just now set it up.  I can still get lost in this game, as simple as it is.  Proof that I, at least, don't need nostalgia to help me appreciate old games.

Kool-Aid Man (2600): Hey, my copy of Kool-Aid Man works.  Wow, I should read the manual for this game.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1552 on: December 01, 2017, 01:47:40 PM »

Nier: Automata - I just got the first ending.  This game hasn't been too exciting yet, but from I understand the best is yet to come.

Trails in the Sky SC - Approaching the end of Chapter 5.

Cuphead - Finished this last week.  It's stupidly hard, but it's also extremely well made.  Great game, but I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

Walking Dead: A New Frontier - I recently finished this.  I enjoyed it, but it seems like I enjoy each successive game less than the last.  I also think I'm getting very tired of the Telltale formula.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Still only about 2-3 hours into this one.  I'm having a hard time getting into this game for some reason.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Blew through this in a weekend and posted my thoughts on the front page.  More people should check this game out.

Cosmic Star Heroine - I've been playing this for a little while and am pretty close to the end now.  It's a good game, but it tries so hard to be Chrono Trigger that it really just makes me want to play that instead.  It does have some new and interesting ideas though, particularly with the combat system, but battles tend to drag on a bit too long since enemies have so many hit points.  Basically anything relating to plot, characters, and dialog feel very rushed and like much thought wasn't put into them.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1553 on: December 09, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »

God of War (Vita) - Been hankering for some mindless violence, this will do nicely.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1554 on: December 17, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »

Grinding through Minecraft Trophies!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1555 on: December 18, 2017, 09:42:46 PM »

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.  Great game that is certainly earned its place as a classic.  Still, I really didn't like the ending as much as I thought I would.  Maybe it has something to do with how every time the game seems to peak I realize that there is more, but the end kind of tainted the rest of the game for me.

Oh well.  I've been enjoying a mixture of Bio Menace on GoG and Super 3-D Noah's Ark on Steam.  Not sure how much more of them I will play, but for now I'm having fun.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1556 on: December 23, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »

Man, RE7 is so immersive in VR.  I can't imagine playing it any other way.  It's an awesome game, by the way.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1557 on: December 24, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »

Finished Bio Menace but I don't know if I have the stamina to do the same with Noah's Ark.  Appropriately enough I am having the same experience with this game as with the original Wolfenstein, so I don't feel too bad.

Checked The List and it appears that my out of my most neglected gaming machines, Sega CD is near the top.  Rectified that over the past few days with Dracula Unleashed and Mansion of Hidden Souls.  The former is actually a fair Dracula movie and an okay game.  Mansion is not what I thought it would be, and after I beat it (took maybe an hour) I went back and watched the longplay on YouTube a couple times, as the audio in some scenes are terribly faint.  Overall not bad, short, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

I kind of want to play another Sega CD game (maybe Rise of the Dragon), but I also want to save some games for when I (maybe) fix my Sega CD in a few months (I'm playing these games on OpenEMU on my MBP, by the way).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1558 on: December 28, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »

Haven't checked in for a while, so here goes:

Nier: Automata - Finished this game with all five major endings (A-E).  I enjoyed it, but I can't help but feel disappointed that it didn't have the same impact on me as it did for seemingly everyone else that played it.  I think I'm more disappointed in myself than at the game because I feel like I just didn't "get it."

Wolfenstein II - I had a tough time getting into this game, but I eventually did and really enjoyed it.

Trails in the Sky SC - Still going with this.  I'm almost at the end of Chapter 8 and approaching the 80 hour mark.  I think I'm getting fairly close to the end, but honestly I feel like this is a game I could play forever.  I'll probably start Trails in the Sky the 3rd shortly after finishing this one.

And now that we're at the end of 2017 and I'm completely burnt out from trying to keep up with all the new releases of the year (something I will definitely NOT be doing next year!), I'm just going to take it easy and play what I want to play with no pressure to finish one game and move on to the next.  So I've been playing:

Undertale - Started this game since it's short and looked fairly simple.  I really didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.  I finished one playthrough just playing normally, and now I'm going for a pacifist run.  Really great and unique game!

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - I know everyone's first instinct is to groan at the thought of a 3D Castlevania game, but this game is actually pretty good!  Sure, there are some rough edges, but for a fairly early PS2 game, I'm actually impressed.  Don't just write this game off, folks!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1559 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »

Bubsy (PS4) - I thought it can't be that bad right? Well... it's terrible but it's not the worst game I've played. At least I didn't pay any money to play this one.

Nioh (PS4) - I might like this game more than Dark Souls. A really well done game that emulates the Dark Souls formula.

Jackie Chan (Famicom) - A really well done game with big sprites and good animation.

Samus Returns (2DS) - Just started. It's slow going but I'm going to keep at it.

Hot Blooded Family (PS1) - A strange and short but decent beat em up from Techno Soft. I don't think it's worth what people are asking for a copy now though.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length