RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2018, 06:12:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 161606 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1680 on: June 01, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Just finished replacing the battery. Now I'm in Pallet Town with my new Charmander.

Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1681 on: June 05, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »

Detroit: Become Human - Finished this.  It was good, but I don't think it's going to go down as my favorite story-heavy game.  Really preferred Heavy Rain to this.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - A nice surprise!  This was a fun game and a good throwback to the classic Castlevania games.  Takes a lot of inspiration from Castlevania III.  It's much easier than CVIII (not that I'm complaining) even on the harder difficulty setting, but there are a few frustrating segments toward the end.  Highly recommended for those who enjoy these types of games.

Trails of Cold Steel - I finally got back to this but have mostly sat through a bunch of cutscenes so far.  I'm finally at the point where I can start exploring a dungeon-like environment.  Definitely feels a bit more like Persona than Trails in the Sky did, although Sky didn't feel much like Persona at all.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1682 on: June 08, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »

Pokemon Red Version (GB) - Prepping to battle at the Cerulean Gym for my Water badge.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1683 on: June 11, 2018, 03:29:44 AM »

Just saved a not-inconsiderable part of my collection from water seep in the basement.  The irony being I just moved them to the area that flooded today.  I went to look at my handiwork to find the storage boxes in the middle of a large puddle.  Glad I didn't go to bed early.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1684 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:34 AM »

Been focusing on R-Type for the Shmup Club, and I've shifted my focus to R-Types on the original PlayStation, so I can focus on a pure arcade port. I can almost consistently reach Stage 5 now, and most of the time, make it to the boss w/o messing up. Just need to get a consistent path and pattern down for that, so I can move on to Stage 6.

Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1685 on: June 13, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »

Yakuza 6 - I think I'm getting pretty close to the end.  Definitely not my favorite game in the series, possibly my least favorite, but I'm still enjoying it.

Trails of Cold Steel - I've got a few hours into this one now, and the Persona influence is becoming more and more obvious.  It's getting off to a very slow start, but I'll stick with it.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1686 on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Not making much progress it seems. Only just started battling trainers onboard the S.S. Anne.

Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1687 on: Yesterday at 09:00:54 AM »

Yakuza 6 - I finally finished this one.  While I was definitely enjoying it the whole way through, if you read through my last few posts in this thread, you can tell that I wasn't too high on this entry in the series.  Fortunately, the final stretch of the game really redeemed it for me.  I got invested in a couple of side activities (befriending a group of people at a bar and leading a local baseball team to victory) that really helped flesh out the side content in the game that I felt had been lacking up to that point, and I also really enjoyed the final parts of the story and the game's ending.  To compare it to more recent Yakuza titles, I think I like this game more than Kiwami but not quite as much as 0.  Just like with every Yakuza game, I'm a little sad to see it end, but I will be there on day 1 to play Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Trails of Cold Steel - Just finished Chapter 1.  I'm still not really feeling this one yet, but I'm trying to stick it out.

Gunstar Heroes - A friend of mine and I played through this the other night.  This is a really great game!  Just like with most Treasure games, there are so many unique and creative ideas crammed into this game.  It didn't have a good first impression on either of us, but after we became familiarized with the gameplay and its mechanics, we really started to enjoy this one.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length