RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849684 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1680 on: June 01, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Just finished replacing the battery. Now I'm in Pallet Town with my new Charmander.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1681 on: June 05, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »

Detroit: Become Human - Finished this.  It was good, but I don't think it's going to go down as my favorite story-heavy game.  Really preferred Heavy Rain to this.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - A nice surprise!  This was a fun game and a good throwback to the classic Castlevania games.  Takes a lot of inspiration from Castlevania III.  It's much easier than CVIII (not that I'm complaining) even on the harder difficulty setting, but there are a few frustrating segments toward the end.  Highly recommended for those who enjoy these types of games.

Trails of Cold Steel - I finally got back to this but have mostly sat through a bunch of cutscenes so far.  I'm finally at the point where I can start exploring a dungeon-like environment.  Definitely feels a bit more like Persona than Trails in the Sky did, although Sky didn't feel much like Persona at all.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1682 on: June 08, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »

Pokemon Red Version (GB) - Prepping to battle at the Cerulean Gym for my Water badge.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1683 on: June 11, 2018, 03:29:44 AM »

Just saved a not-inconsiderable part of my collection from water seep in the basement.  The irony being I just moved them to the area that flooded today.  I went to look at my handiwork to find the storage boxes in the middle of a large puddle.  Glad I didn't go to bed early.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1684 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:34 AM »

Been focusing on R-Type for the Shmup Club, and I've shifted my focus to R-Types on the original PlayStation, so I can focus on a pure arcade port. I can almost consistently reach Stage 5 now, and most of the time, make it to the boss w/o messing up. Just need to get a consistent path and pattern down for that, so I can move on to Stage 6.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1685 on: June 13, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »

Yakuza 6 - I think I'm getting pretty close to the end.  Definitely not my favorite game in the series, possibly my least favorite, but I'm still enjoying it.

Trails of Cold Steel - I've got a few hours into this one now, and the Persona influence is becoming more and more obvious.  It's getting off to a very slow start, but I'll stick with it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1686 on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Not making much progress it seems. Only just started battling trainers onboard the S.S. Anne.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1687 on: June 19, 2018, 09:00:54 AM »

Yakuza 6 - I finally finished this one.  While I was definitely enjoying it the whole way through, if you read through my last few posts in this thread, you can tell that I wasn't too high on this entry in the series.  Fortunately, the final stretch of the game really redeemed it for me.  I got invested in a couple of side activities (befriending a group of people at a bar and leading a local baseball team to victory) that really helped flesh out the side content in the game that I felt had been lacking up to that point, and I also really enjoyed the final parts of the story and the game's ending.  To compare it to more recent Yakuza titles, I think I like this game more than Kiwami but not quite as much as 0.  Just like with every Yakuza game, I'm a little sad to see it end, but I will be there on day 1 to play Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Trails of Cold Steel - Just finished Chapter 1.  I'm still not really feeling this one yet, but I'm trying to stick it out.

Gunstar Heroes - A friend of mine and I played through this the other night.  This is a really great game!  Just like with most Treasure games, there are so many unique and creative ideas crammed into this game.  It didn't have a good first impression on either of us, but after we became familiarized with the gameplay and its mechanics, we really started to enjoy this one.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1688 on: June 28, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - Starting my yearly playthrough.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1689 on: June 28, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - Starting my yearly playthrough.

I finally picked up a copy of this on the Wii - would you suggest I play that version, or track down the HD remake?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1690 on: July 01, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »

Beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, great game!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1691 on: July 07, 2018, 07:43:57 PM »

I played a bunch of Pure these last few days. It's an offroad ATV arcade racing game. Mega frustrating. The rubber banding in this game is insane. So often I'm in 1st place, miss one jump and by the time I've respawned, I'm in 10th. Sometimes you also gain places out of nowhere. The freestyle events are a piece of cake, whereas the races are pure randomness.
The game has an elaborate customization system, with all parts having certain characteristics, however in-game, I barely felt the difference between the good or bad parts.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1692 on: July 10, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »

Trails of Cold Steel - I haven't been making much progress lately.  I'm in the middle of Chapter 2.  Still not really digging the game a whole lot, but I plan on sticking it out a bit longer.

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege - Finally got around to this after playing the first two games a couple of months ago.  I feel about the same with this game as I did the second game, meaning I thought it was only ok.  The rest of this series has been kind of a letdown after how much I loved the first game.

Contra ReBirth - Played through this with a friend.  It was a lot of fun.  Highly recommended if you like Contra.

Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - Also played this with a friend.  It was pretty good, but I liked Contra ReBirth more.  Still highly recommended for Castlevania fans.

Castlevania: Dracula X - Despite being a huge Castlevania fan, I have never played the SNES Dracula X.  I wouldn't say that it's not worth playing for fans, but it may be my least favorite of the classic Castlevania games.

Super Castlevania IV - Decided to follow up Dracula X with the other SNES Castlevania game.  An old favorite from my childhood.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - Started this up a couple of weeks ago.  I don't have much experience with SMT games other than the Persona series, so it took some time for me to adjust to this game.  Now that I'm over that initial hump, I'm really enjoying it.  I'm hoping this will be a nice gateway into the rest of the series.

Robotrek - I've been wanting to delve more into the SNES/SFC library, so I started with this game.  Despite being a fairly mediocre game, I was enjoying it quite a bit for a while, but it's getting pretty old now around the half way point.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1693 on: July 10, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »

I finally picked up a copy of this on the Wii - would you suggest I play that version, or track down the HD remake?
The Wii U version is actually a remaster of the GameCube version of the game. I would recommend the Wii U version if you can get it, HD really makes the game pop.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1694 on: July 11, 2018, 08:50:51 AM »

Thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length