RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2018, 10:43:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 181610 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1725 on: October 09, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »

Silent Hill 4: The Room - I've put much more time into this and am close to the end now. It's a very interesting game. I have a lot of mixed opinions about it, but overall I have enjoyed it and am having a hard time putting it down.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1726 on: October 11, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »

Nearing the end of Sonic Mania. I finally reached the Titanic Monarch Zone, which, if it follows the same convention as the other zones, should be 2 stages, and a final boss encounter. I really like how the previous zone's first boss encounter was a redux of the original Sonic the Hedgehog end boss fight, with a twist. It was a nice sendup of the original game.

EZ Racer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1727 on: October 11, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »

Since I don't have Monster Party, wanted something retro for the October theme, so I figured it was as good a reason as any to do a playthrough of Uninvited for NES. And it took about five minutes for me to remember about the really cheap deaths in that game, as I died by forgetting to "open" the can of no ghost spray before trying to use it.
Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1728 on: October 16, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »

Silent Hill: 0rigins - Definitely the worst Silent Hill game so far. I played the PS2 port, but it's pretty obvious that it was originally a PSP game. The combat is pretty bad, with some ill-advised QTEs thrown in the mix.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Did a co-op run of this with a friend. We played the SNES All Stars version, and I could immediately tell that it didn't feel as smooth or responsive as the NES original. It's still a great game, but stick with the NES version.

Resident Evil - Just finished a couple of runs of the PS1 original. I played Arrange mode for the first time, and it was quite a different and more difficult experience than the Standard mode. Then I did a run of Standard mode as Chris, which I'm not sure I've ever done on the PS1 original. Again, definitely more difficult than playing as Jill.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1729 on: October 16, 2018, 03:37:12 PM »

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Did a co-op run of this with a friend. We played the SNES All Stars version, and I could immediately tell that it didn't feel as smooth or responsive as the NES original. It's still a great game, but stick with the NES version.

Totally agree. It feels like there are liberties taken with the physics on all 3 ports, to make them feel more "real" than the originals. You have to adjust the way you play in order to do some of the same things. It's not bad, per se, but as someone who put hundreds of hours into the original, it's a bit jarring.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1730 on: October 18, 2018, 12:28:21 AM »

Back from the dead after 6 months away from gaming. Back right where I left off.

Gears of War 4 - Still grinding away at these achievements. They even released more content since I disappeared. Mastery achievements for almost every weapon require all of my talent to grind out, but they are rewarding. The online matchmaking is still wonderfully balanced and hopefully I will be able to get through the rest of this one before I get the fifth installment.

Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1731 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:44 AM »

Silent Hill: Homecoming - The next stop on my Silent Hill marathon brings me to the nearly universally maligned Homecoming. You know what? I like this game. I think this one gets an unfair bad rap just because it's different (particularly the combat system), but I think there's some depth to it that goes unappreciated. I'm noticing that different weapons seem better tailored toward fighting certain enemies, which brings more strategy to the game than previous games. It's not perfect by any means, and certainly not the best game in the series, but it's at least better than Origins.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length