RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849583 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1770 on: January 30, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »

Spent some time in the Wii Shop buying games.  It was the first time I have done so.
And your last Sad

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1771 on: January 30, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »

Resident Evil 2 - I'm close to the end of the 2nd run scenario as Claire, and I'm going to go ahead and rank this as my third favorite game in the series behind the original REmake and 4 and knocking 7 down to the fourth spot on my list. I'm interested in playing it in Hardcore mode, but I'll probably hold off for a while and get back to DQXI, which I'm also almost finished with unless endgame content keeps me hooked.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1772 on: January 30, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »

Resident Evil 2 - I'm close to the end of the 2nd run scenario as Claire, and I'm going to go ahead and rank this as my third favorite game in the series behind the original REmake and 4 and knocking 7 down to the fourth spot on my list. I'm interested in playing it in Hardcore mode, but I'll probably hold off for a while and get back to DQXI, which I'm also almost finished with unless endgame content keeps me hooked.

I'm holding off on REmake 2 for a few more weeks to play with a friend. That's exciting to hear that it's that good.

Also I've heard multiple times that the post game in DQXI is the best part of the game....

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1773 on: January 30, 2019, 04:22:07 PM »

Also I've heard multiple times that the post game in DQXI is the best part of the game....

Haha, I've heard that a few times too which is why I hinted that it may hook me. DQXI is great though, so I don't mind spending some more time with it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1774 on: February 12, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »

Finally finished Final Fantasy IX on my Vita, and ended up writing thirteen-hundred words about it.  I was intending to play Axiom Verge next (since I had purchased the Multiverse Edition a few weeks ago), but do you know what?  I don't feel like playing a Metroid-vania game now.  As of right now it is between Ocarina of Time 3D or Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, or Suikoden II or Persona 4 on my Vita.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1775 on: February 13, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »

Finally finished Final Fantasy IX on my Vita, and ended up writing thirteen-hundred words about it.  I was intending to play Axiom Verge next (since I had purchased the Multiverse Edition a few weeks ago), but do you know what?  I don't feel like playing a Metroid-vania game now.  As of right now it is between Ocarina of Time 3D or Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, or Suikoden II or Persona 4 on my Vita.

I need to read that FFIX write up!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1776 on: February 14, 2019, 06:09:20 AM »

Finally finished Final Fantasy IX on my Vita, and ended up writing thirteen-hundred words about it.  I was intending to play Axiom Verge next (since I had purchased the Multiverse Edition a few weeks ago), but do you know what?  I don't feel like playing a Metroid-vania game now.  As of right now it is between Ocarina of Time 3D or Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, or Suikoden II or Persona 4 on my Vita.

If you can stomach two RPGs back to back I recommend Persona 4.

Currently finishing P5.  A power surge hit and almost killed my PS4 when I was about 20 mins into the ending so I kinda fed up.  I got to save after the final boss so that's some consolation.  Still, about an hour of wrap-up awaits....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:13:07 AM by Raidou » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1777 on: February 24, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

Played through Asura's Wrath this weekend. What a great game, to be honest it's exactly the type of game I like nowadays. Not too hard, crazy story, fun gameplay and not too long to play through.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1778 on: February 24, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »

If you can stomach two RPGs back to back I recommend Persona 4.

Currently finishing P5.  A power surge hit and almost killed my PS4 when I was about 20 mins into the ending so I kinda fed up.  I got to save after the final boss so that's some consolation.  Still, about an hour of wrap-up awaits....

That's what keeps me on the mobile platforms; outages.  And the inability to bring my games with me while I move around the house, work, life, etc.

Along with Final Fantasy for the RFG NES Challenge, I am also playing Persona 4 Golden, but I am only about thirty minutes in (I keep stopping to listen to the music tracks).  Funnily enough I started playing Ocarina of Time 3D for about an hour, then moved on to the first Suikoden (and did a brief write-up based on it), then Persona 4.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1779 on: February 27, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »

Dragon Warrior (NES) - Cleaned it to make sure it works and discovered a dead battery(as can be expected of a 30 year old game). So I'm in the process of having that replaced by a friend of mine. I should have it back by the weekend.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1780 on: March 01, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »

Dragon Warrior (NES) - Currently grinding for exp outside Tantagel Castle and saving up enough gold for something better then a club...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1781 on: March 03, 2019, 08:30:27 AM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Made it to Viridian City and am getting ready to try for my Earth badge.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1782 on: March 05, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »

Dragon Warrior (NES) - Resuming my playthrough in the town of Garinham grinding for better armor/axe.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1783 on: March 08, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »

It's been a while since I checked in, but I haven't been playing much that I haven't already talked about.

Dragon Quest XI - Finally finished this with the true ending. I already wrote a review on it for the front page, so it's no surprise that I loved it.

Dead or Alive 6 - DOA has probably been my favorite fighting game series since DOA 2 on the Dreamcast. I love the countering system and the rock-paper-scissors psychology of it. It has also been a competitive favorite for a friend of mine and me, and getting inside each other's head and anticipating their next moves has always been incredibly satisfying. I think people tend to dismiss this series because of all the TNA, but underneath all of that, there is an incredibly deep and fluid fighting game that is also very accessible to newcomers. DOA6 is great and introduces some interesting new mechanics to the series. I highly recommend it.

Trails of Cold Steel - I've come back to this game again recently, and I'm trying really hard to stay motivated just so I can finish it, but I think I'm running out of steam. Knowing that I'm still probably less than halfway through it doesn't help either. It's not a bad game, I just find it fairly uninteresting and really a step down from the Trails in the Sky series. I find myself really wanting to play a fan translation of Zero no Kiseki which looks far more similar to Trails in the Sky, but I'd like to finish Cold Steel first if I can.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1784 on: March 10, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »

Dragon Warrior (NES) - Looking around Kol before setting towards the cave for a ring.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length