RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:30:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849699 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1950 on: February 05, 2020, 09:29:29 AM »

Golf Story - I think I'm getting pretty close to the end, which is good since I'm pretty much ready to wrap this one up. Sometimes I get pretty frustrated with some of the strange tasks this game asks you to do (mostly optional stuff), then I'll have a session that goes really well and reinvigorates my interest for this game. Still a really good and interesting game.

Dragon Quest IV - I'm onto the fourth character-specific chapter now, and I'm curious to see how the game changes after this point.

Lufia II - I'm still really enjoying it, but also growing a bit wary of its repetitive nature as I mentioned previously. I still like the game, but I'm becoming less and less compelled to pick it up.

Bloodborne - I started this for the Cartridge Club playthrough this month. I gave this game a chance a few years ago but really didn't get into it. I'm really enjoying it this time though. I think playing Dark Souls a couple of years back and a bunch of difficult NES games over the last few years have really hardened me for this style of game.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1951 on: February 06, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »

Wheel of Fortune (GB) - Had a short power outage earlier, so had a few rounds of pass the system multiplayer with the wife & kids.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1952 on: February 07, 2020, 12:53:29 PM »

Wheel of Fortune (GB) - Had a short power outage earlier, so had a few rounds of pass the system multiplayer with the wife & kids.

The GB version of the game definitely has some limitations. This is one I need to play a bit, and do a review of.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1953 on: February 09, 2020, 12:19:32 PM »

The GB version of the game definitely has some limitations. This is one I need to play a bit, and do a review of.
Agreed, limited but functional.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1954 on: February 09, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »

Been grinding on the Switch version of Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening so I can buy a shovel and a bow. I've gotten quite adept at the Trendy Game Arcade crane game.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1955 on: February 10, 2020, 09:13:54 AM »

Nice! I need to go back to this one, and play some more. I kind of started it, finished the first couple dungeons, then got distracted and put it down.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1956 on: February 11, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »

Golf Story - I finished this and really enjoyed it overall. I'm looking forward to Sports Story coming out later this year!

Dragon Quest IV - I started Chapter 5 and am starting to join forces with some of the characters I played as in the preceding chapters, which is pretty cool. I got a bit frustrated with the game putting my low-level character in some unfair situations all by himself, but I think I'm through that nonsense now.

Lufia II - I think I've got a few more hours left in this one. It's been a fun ride, but I'm ready to wrap it up.

Bloodborne - I've become really invested in this game and have a hard time putting it down.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - I played through this a few years ago but wanted to revisit it with the Cartridge Club portable playthrough this month. I've just barely started the game.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1957 on: February 13, 2020, 03:44:45 AM »

Wave Race 64 (N64) - I'm amazed at how well the water physics have aged.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1958 on: February 15, 2020, 12:14:18 PM »

I've been playing more of Link's Awakening off and on over the last few days. Since my last post, I've gotten five of the eight instruments, picked up blue armor from the color dungeon, the hook shot, the boomerang, pegasus boots, and ocarina. I also resurrected a rooster that's currently following me around. I've also upped my health to 13 hearts.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1959 on: February 15, 2020, 11:39:21 PM »

Played a bit of Final Zone II for the Turbo CD and, of course, Stick of Truth.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1960 on: February 18, 2020, 09:38:18 AM »

Bloodborne - I think I recently entered the final area of the game, so I'm doing some extra stuff before tackling that. I finished all of the optional areas in the game, have completed most of the DLC (I think), and have finished 3 of 7 Chalice Dungeons required for the trophy.

Dragon Quest IV - I haven't made much progress in this one since last time. I reached a dungeon where the enemies are pretty difficult, so I may have to spend some time level grinding.

A Link Between Worlds - Just got the Master Sword and entered Lorule, and have explored there a bit.

Lufia II - Just finished this and thought it was pretty good overall.

Shadowrun - Just started this as another SNES game to take Lufia II's place. I played this game quite a bit as a kid but could never make much progress due to how complicated it is. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though. It's an interesting game, that's for sure.

DuaneHarrison
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1961 on: February 22, 2020, 02:51:55 AM »

Your article is very good
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1962 on: February 23, 2020, 06:26:01 AM »

Wave Race 64 (N64) - After a few days practice I'm going to beat the championship now.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1963 on: February 23, 2020, 04:04:05 PM »

Still working on Link's Awakening. I now have all but one of the eight instruments, and will be headed to the Turtle dungeon to retrieve the final piece. But before I do  that, I'm trying to find the remaining hidden seashells... and maybe grab the remaining Marioverse figurines at the Trendy Arcade crane game.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1964 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »

GoldenEye 007 (N64) - Four player split-screen madness with DK mode and paintball mode engaged was fun tonight.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length