RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:39:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855095 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2010 on: June 17, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »

Started Golf Story on Switch.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2011 on: June 22, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »

Pokemon Snap (N64) - Seeing the upcoming Switch version made the kids want to play, so we took turns going for high score photos.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2012 on: June 23, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »

I've managed to 1CC Cannon Spike on "Baby" difficulty now for all but 2 characters. Hoping to eek the last couple out tonight or tomorrow.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2013 on: June 24, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »

Katamari Damacy Reroll (PC) - I wish picked this on ps2 when I had chance, really simple and fun  
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2014 on: June 24, 2020, 04:21:45 PM »

Played some UN Squadron.

SMS set complete!
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2015 on: June 25, 2020, 04:18:35 PM »

Briefly tried all 10 Evercade carts. May do a write-up. Overall happy, only one or two emu issues so far, some pleasant surprises in the library. Looking forward to the Lynx carts and arcade announcements.

Keelah se'lai
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2016 on: June 25, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

Mario Tennis (GBC) - Had to take grandma to an appointment today, so I took the time to hit the court.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2017 on: July 02, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »

Monopoly (PS) - Just got my PS One back from laser repairs, so I'm testing it out with a seminal favourite of mine

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2018 on: July 06, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »

Beat Golf Story.  I think it's an acquired taste.

SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2019 on: July 10, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »

WWF No Mercy (N64) - My son and I are tag teaming up the ranks to challenge for the tag titles.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2020 on: July 10, 2020, 01:33:55 PM »

Been doing some Kirby Clash

SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2021 on: July 13, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »

I haven't checked in in a while, but I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed from a combination of working much more on music projects and dividing the rest of my time between WAY too many games. Here's what I've been playing lately:

Chrono Cross - I played this when it was new but remember practically nothing from it. I wanted to revisit it when we were putting together our Top 20 PS1 games lists, so I started it up and have several hours in it. Really enjoying it so far!

Final Fantasy Tactics - Same deal as with Chrono Cross. I used to consider this game the gold standard of strategy RPGs, but revisiting it now, it feels pretty cumbersome and unbalanced at times. Still a good game though with a lot of interesting ideas. About 3/4 of the way through it, I think.

Control - I started this back in April to play along with the RFGen Playcast. I only put a couple of hours in before I got distracted by other things. I wasn't really that into it, but I liked it well enough and wanted to see how it plays out, so I'm still hoping to come back to it.

Earthbound - Haven't started this yet, but I have it on deck to start for this month's RFGen Playcast. Never played this one before.

Yoshi's Island - Also on deck to play for this month's Cartridge Club GOTM. I stated on Twitter that I've never been a huge fan of this game, but I wanted to give it another shot and see if it clicks this time. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. I played halfway through World 1 so far.

The Last of Us Part II - I recently finished this and really enjoyed it. I thought about doing some cleaning up on the trophies and possibly going for the platinum, but after spending about 35 hours with it, I think I'm ready to move on to other things.

Persona 5 Royal - I started this about a month ago but put it on hold to play TLOU2. The original P5 is one of my all-time favorite games, and Royal is pretty much a bigger and better version of it. I've got about 40 hours in it and have been having a hard time putting this down over the last week or so.

Timespinner - I wanted to play this before it left Game Pass since I've heard good things about it. I recently finished it and really enjoyed it. Highly recommended for SOTN fans.

Resident Evil 6 - I played through a couple of times with friends back when it was new. A friend of mine and I recently played through RE5 for the umpteenth time and decided giving 6 another shot might not be a bad idea. It's really dumb and a step back from RE5 in almost every way in my opinion, but you know what, it's kind of fun for a silly action game. Just keep your expectations in check.

I've also had Trials of Mana and Xenoblade Chronicles on deck for a while now and hope to be able to start them soon. I also just bought Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 which I really want to play, but I'll probably wait until this weekend and play through it with a friend. I should also have Ghost of Tsushima and Paper Mario: The Origami King coming in soon as well. I kind of went nuts locking in last minute preorders when my Best Buy GCU membership was expiring, hehe.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2022 on: July 14, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »

Lots of Evercade titles for my upcoming article. Tetris 99 and Words with Friends, as always.

Keelah se'lai
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2023 on: July 14, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »

Mario Kart 64 (N64) - Tons of multiplayer recently, I find that I'm actually getting good with Bowser now.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2024 on: July 15, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »

Got a hacked Vita in the mail yesterday, so I was messing around with all sorts of games last night.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length