RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | WTB Marth Amiibo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: WTB Marth Amiibo  (Read 9423 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

If any of you guys comes across a Marth locally and is willing to pick it up and ship to me (Canada), I'd be more than happy to cover all those costs and pay an extra finders fee in either cash or games. Let me know your price!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »

I'll definitely keep an eye out.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »

I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Thanks! I really appreciate that!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »

Been hitting the major retailers quite frequently, so I'll be on the lookout.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »

Is this the only rare Amiibo at this time?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »

Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer are the rare three. Marth is just harder to find since he's more in-demand than Mii-style characters.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »

I'll keep an eye out, but I'm certainly happy that we got all 12 when they first came out.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:01 PM »

My cousin has been around everywhere looking for them. No luck. We might hit Kmarts in a last ditch effort.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »

...Marth went from $28 before the weekend to over $60 BIN on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i...p;LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »

I've been looking.  No luck yet!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »

My cousin has been around everywhere looking for them. No luck. We might hit Kmarts in a last ditch effort.

Kmart is sad now. I remember seeing awesome games there in the 90s and early 2000s. They had an entire aisle of big box PC games around the time Diablo 1 and 2 were new! Its where I vividly remember seeing and longing for a fresh copy of the Arc the Lad Collection. Its where my parents bought my copy of Yoshi's Island when I was a kid and I was so giddy and happy! That was a birthday where they just took me out and let me get whatever game I wanted. Now its used for price matching and stock that slipped through the cracks and sold out at other stores. My Kmart is apparently one of the best performing stores in the company left, and its still sad to walk into it now.

Anyway, on topic now. Nintendo may issue a second printing of more in demand Amiibos, so it might not be the best idea to drop a lot of extra cash on something that might be restocked just before the holidays.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »

Naturally, Marth is one I was planning on picking up as a gift for a friend's Christmas present.  I began looking literally the day Amiibos were released, including the store I work at, to no avail. Sad 

Ah well.  If I can nab one in time, excellent, but it looks like it's time to search for another stocking stuffer.

As a footnote, guess I'll reserve Bowser.  Not that he'll likely become rare given he's a mainstay, but I suppose it's better not to take a chance now.

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 05:30:36 PM »

Kmart is sad now. I remember seeing awesome games there in the 90s and early 2000s. They had an entire aisle of big box PC games around the time Diablo 1 and 2 were new! Its where I vividly remember seeing and longing for a fresh copy of the Arc the Lad Collection. Its where my parents bought my copy of Yoshi's Island when I was a kid and I was so giddy and happy! That was a birthday where they just took me out and let me get whatever game I wanted. Now its used for price matching and stock that slipped through the cracks and sold out at other stores. My Kmart is apparently one of the best performing stores in the company left, and its still sad to walk into it now.

Anyway, on topic now. Nintendo may issue a second printing of more in demand Amiibos, so it might not be the best idea to drop a lot of extra cash on something that might be restocked just before the holidays.

Kmart either shut down around me, or consolidated down and don't even have a game department anymore.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »

Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer are the rare three. Marth is just harder to find since he's more in-demand than Mii-style characters.

I had seen those 2 bundled with Marth on eBay but it didn't seem to increase the ending prices enough for me to think they were rare too.
At least i know now Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »

Yeah, they're the same rarity - just not the same demand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length