RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What are YOUR games of 2014!? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are YOUR games of 2014!?  (Read 3521 times)
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »

So 2014 is about over. Tell us your games you played this year that you loved and why? Make a video. Make a detailed post. Post a pic if ya want. Have fun with it!

We did ours

If the video is TL;DR then well only name our numbers ones
Spoiler (hover to show)

Lets see your GOTY's Ladies and Gents!
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »

If I remember correctly I finished these games in 2014:
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I quite liked this game.
- Far Cry 3. Also quite good.
- Tomb Raider (the newest one). Very mediocre.
- The Typing of the Dead: Overkill. I liked it.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. I quite liked it. I really should play some of the other Batman games
- Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. I love Baldur's Gate 2, but the Enhanced Edition didn't bring much extra

Games I also played and liked:
- Civilization 4
- Forza 2
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »

I played a bunch of games this year, more than usual...but I'm not sure that I actually finished any of them. However, that's not terribly uncommon for me, as I have a terrible case of gaming ADHD.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »

Scrolling through my list of completed stuff this year. (Going off my list of games played would require too much effort)
Tried to pull out 10 that i enjoyed the most.

8. Shoot Many Robots - XBLA Jan 15 - Was a ton of fun to run this in (4 player)co-op. Highly recommended for a group setting.

15. Burnout Revenge - Retail Jan 31 - Absolutely love this series.

17. Ascend: Hand of Kul - XBLA Feb 12 - Technically died in beta on the 360. Still available on steam. Definitely suggest checking it out. Great hack n slash dungeon crawler RPGish style game. Hopefully Steam allowing updates has brought the game to its full potential.

34. Dungeon Defenders - XBLA April 1 - Dungeon Crawler-ish/Tower Defense-ish kinda game. Also highly recommended for 4 player fun.

36. World of Tanks - XBLA/GoD April 11 - Huge points for being a unique tactical shooter game. Gets a great deal of support in the way of new tanks/artillery for existing nations in addition to adding lines from new countries. I believe most recently French artillery was added to the huge plethora of vehicles available from USA, USSR, Britain, Germany, (can't remember if Xbox has China already or if that is only PC.)

38. Sacred Citadel - XBLA April 17 - More sidescrolling beat-em up/rpg-ish leveling style fun. 3 player cap made it reminiscent of Golden Axe.

42. Kinect Nat Geo TV - Kinect App June 13 - Fun interactive mini games AND great for kids. Highly recommended for households with children. Target age would probably be 12 and under depending on interests maybe older Wink

49. Crackdown - Retail July 6 - The last time i had played Crackdown was a week or 2 before street date. Excellent game wish i had played it sooner.

50. Charlie Murder - XBLA July 7 - Another fun 4 player co-op game. Beat-em up platformer. Unique art/story and complimenting music and atmosphere make for a great experience.

80. Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition - XBLA Sept 20 - You know what this game is by now. Added bonus of a huge number of homages. Loved it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »

the next playcast episode will touch on my favourites, but i did put together a playlist on youtube featuring one memorable song from every game i beat this year. it's meant to be listened to in order, there's more or less a beginning, middle, and end feeling to it.

http://www.youtube.com/pl...9t8DHA3zkzlRBuiA18gLZSBc4
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »

the next playcast episode will touch on my favourites, but i did put together a playlist on youtube featuring one memorable song from every game i beat this year. it's meant to be listened to in order, there's more or less a beginning, middle, and end feeling to it.

Really great idea, tech.  I'm also subbing your channel.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 04:20:32 PM »

Really great idea, tech.  I'm also subbing your channel.

thanks! i very rarely upload anything, but eventually i'll need to do an updated room tour video...
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 06:05:11 PM »

Shovel Knight- really impressed with it, lived up to the hype and then some.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »

Comming out of 2014, I really enjoyed finally playing The Walking Dead. Since that also led me to play Season 2 of it and The Wolf Among Us this year. The other games I've put the most time into are Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 & Smash Wii U.

Most hated games of the year were Jurassic Park by Telltale & Sonic Lost World.
After how much I loved TWD & TWAU, I figured they can't go wrong with a franchise like Jurassic Park... and it sucked... it really sucked. Sonic Lost World... just wasn't any fun for me. I really wanted to like this game. I really tried, and that is what makes me dislike it the most. The fact that I just can't get into it... makes it feels like a waste of money... oh, and you can't turn off subtitles!

It's not restricted to this year, but a couple years on and Boom Street (Fortune Street) for the original Wii is still our most played. Probably due to a single game taking hours...

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »

For the most fun I'll have to go with Saint's Row IV. I love that series and they're just my favorite open-world time sinks of all time.

Best game would have to go to Persona Q. Unless it takes a major dive in the final third, this is one of the best designed and addictive games I've ever played.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »

Ultra Street Fighter 4
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

-for the year would be, Crystal Beans: From Dungeon Explorer

•• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
Nathan Dunsmore
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »

Freedom Fighters (Gamecube).

Thoroughly enjoyed Lethal Enforcers 2 on the Genesis despite using a regular controller.

Beat Tecmo Super Bowl (Snes) using numerous teams: Miami, New England, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Detroit and Tampa Bay.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »

1. Shovel Knight - Sets high expectations and exceeds them. It scratches that Mega Man itch.

2. Dragon Age 3 - Engaging combat, decent story, and lots to do. Also very fun to break the game by choosing a certain class....

3. Far Cry 4 - Great gameplay with an detailed open world to explore. I finished it on the PS3 and I am playing through it again on the X1.

4. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls - The revamped console controls + local multiplayer combine to make a great game.

5. Moon Crystal - Prince of Persia style platforming with Ninja Gaiden style cutscenes make it a must own for Famicom owners.

Honorable mentions -

1. Divinity Original Sin

2. Shadow of Modor

3. Wolfenstein the New Order

4. Freedom Planet

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length