RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:11:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | SNES cart battery replacement 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SNES cart battery replacement  (Read 2256 times)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

Has anyone been able to find anything close to the CR2032 T23 that originally came in the cart? I contacted Maxell and they said it was a customized battery and so no distributor is selling it. I'm assuming Panasonic would tell me the same thing.

I see the really cheap batteries on eBay with the orange ring but I'm very skeptical about the quality of them.

There's a Batteries Plus near me that says they can machine press the original terminals onto a new CR2032 and that might be my best route but I wanted to know if anyone has found any new ones with the terminals already machine pressed onto them.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

i've never had any problems with the ones on ebay, and they seem to match everything about the original battery design too...i didn't notice any differences when i replaced one before.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »

might have to try em. i thought the terminals looked a lot thinner.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »

i'm sure there are some that are slightly different, they can't all be made by the same company
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »

I'm trying to replace my Yoshi's Island battery, but it seems a little stuck or wedged in pretty tight. Are the batteries supposed to be like that? Do I need to just rip it out?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 11:14:25 AM »

If you're not familiar with the batteries guys, we have a few forum members who do replacements. I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving advice, if they pop in here...

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »

I'm trying to replace my Yoshi's Island battery, but it seems a little stuck or wedged in pretty tight. Are the batteries supposed to be like that? Do I need to just rip it out?

they're usually soldered in, do not rip it out that'll destroy the board contacts. like shadow said, if you're not sure what you're doing get someone to help who does know.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »

Alrighty...let's hope someone pops in here
BJoin1979
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:57 AM »

Hello If you are unabble to contact another user to replace the battery for you I recommend watching this video. I used it as a guide of what to buy and how to install the battery when I replaced My Lufia battery for the snes last year. I bought the holders in bulk so I had some extra for future battery failures.

Much luck
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length