RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | RFGeneration Christmas 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: RFGeneration Christmas 2014  (Read 25787 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: December 21, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »

Welcome to Christmas 2014 here at RFGeneration. Feel free to post up any of your gaming-related scores for Christmas 2014 in this thread. As usual, feel free to spin off any other threads for Christmas gifts.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »

For Christmas, my mom tends to clean out some of my old room and give me back some items I had as a kid. When I left the house for college, she said I could take any of the games and consoles I wanted EXCEPT for the Game Boy. She's held on to these for 12 years now, and finally decided this year to relinquish them. I present to you, my childhood Game Boy collection:

I have more things to post from the great members here at RFGeneration, but thought I'd get the ball rolling since I'm already adding these to my collection and scanning them in for images.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:36:33 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »

Hey now,

Was there a particular reason she held onto your Game Boy stuff for so long? She really into Tetris or something? If so, I don't blame her for holding out on you. Seriously, just curious.

Although I've already displayed a couple RFGen care packages on Small Scores, I figure it wouldn't hurt to show 'em off again. Here's some stuff from Bombatomba:

When I was a kid, I was big into MAD magazine, and saved up to buy the Spy vs. Spy I & II double-feature game for the Commodore 64. Sadly, the first copy I bought failed to load at all, so I exchanged it for another copy, which worked... for about two days. Fortunately, the third time was the charm. I wanted to put that particular release on my wish list, but it wasn't listed in the database, so I put this on it instead... and obviously, someone was paying attention. Hopefully, this one will hold up much better than those first two disks.

And of course, there's the greatest gift of all:

Up next: a VERY disturbing package from a VERY angry and EXTREMELY mentally ill old-schooler:

Sadly, the chain "loop" on the Pikachu perler keychain is half broken off. Gonna grab a little super glue and fix it right up.

For the love of God, man, get some help.

ANYway, that's it for now...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »

She was a gamer mom and loved puzzle and pinball games, which were mostly what we had for the Game Boy. She left the Game Boy Color downstairs along with the games and would pick up and play Tetris and a few other games a few nights a week.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

That's a great Game Boy collection to re-inherit. Kwirk was one of my favorites as a kid too!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 02:55:52 PM »

She was a gamer mom and loved puzzle and pinball games, which were mostly what we had for the Game Boy. She left the Game Boy Color downstairs along with the games and would pick up and play Tetris and a few other games a few nights a week.

Tetris always gets 'em.

BTW is she holding onto anything else of yours that you're aware of?

That's a great Game Boy collection to re-inherit. Kwirk was one of my favorites as a kid too!

I saw a few carts in those pics that I'd like to have in my collection.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »

She's got plenty more of my things, including board games and books. Games-wise though, I think this might be the rest of it, aside from some stand-alone handhelds.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »

Wha...?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 08:33:21 PM »

I hope I get fun stuff for Christmas.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:57:55 PM »

First Christmas gift of the season came from my game store boss who after I took this in on trade in said I paid a higher % than I should have on a price higher than i should have taken it from ( happens ) so I havent heard the end of it yet ( in a joking fashion ) . So tonight at the company dinner ( me him and the other employee ) my company gift was that same cart I wanted for my collection that I got my chops busted for. Funny I would have loved to pay what he ended up paying for the game. But with such a GEM looking label Im happy for this baby to make it into my collection and glad to see this being the FIRST item of the holiday.

So welcome to the collection my SNES Super Metroid

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »

I'm sorry, but I can't help looking at the (Matchbox?) cars next to your keyboard...
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

Little Busters! Analog Collector's Edition & Turrican Soundtrack Anthology 12" Vinyl!

xmas I managed to get these 2 sweets in before Christmas xmas
More Pictures
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:34:29 AM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »

Little Busters! Analog Collector's Edition & Turrican Soundtrack Anthology 12" Vinyl!

xmas I managed to get these 2 sweets in before Christmas xmas
More Pictures

That Turrican album's artwork is incredible.
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 06:08:39 AM »

@zcrich01: Yeah the artwork looks great and I’m lucky to even get this Turrican Vinyl due to the limited numbers out there.

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length