RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:22:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | USPS shipping pricing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: USPS shipping pricing  (Read 2474 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

Has anyone been shipping via USPS lately? I haven't done much for the last couple years until recently and I'm really confused by their pricing now. Some stuff that I'm thinking is heavy seems really cheap, like a boxed 5200 for under $15 for 2 day Priority? I could have sworn something that heavy was at least $25 last time I shipped. But smaller packages seem to be more expensive. And did they get rid of Parcel Post? It seems like Priority is the only way to ship packages too heavy for First Class.
And there's a huge difference between online and retail store pricing, some times its almost twice as much for retail pricing. I seem to remember it being $2-3 difference tops.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 12:49:44 AM »

I shipped a small packaged envelope via Parcel Post the other day, so it exists... not sure about larger packages, though.

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »

USPS shipping pricing can definately be confusing. I do remember something about them getting rid of parcel select or post or whatever and if it was a certain weight you can only do priority

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »

USPS shipping pricing can definately be confusing. I do remember something about them getting rid of parcel select or post or whatever and if it was a certain weight you can only do priority

They didn't get rid of parcel post, they just renamed it Standard Post. I used it to mail out most of my domestic Not-So-Secret Santa gifts to. I think the heaviest item I shipped out via Standard was about 7 pounds. It's fairly slow, but it's relatively inexpensive.

Priority is first-class shipping for items that weight 13 ounces or  more.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »

It's still there, thank God.  My work uses it to ship packages to USA commonwealth states and remote places like Alaska or Hawaii.  I imagine USPS would get a lot of pissed off emails and phone calls if they killed Post.

USPS prices always seem to fluctuate, especially during the holidays, but who knows.  I remember last year a small FR box was down to 4.25 if you bought it through ebay or Ship Now, but if it is that much of a difference I may have to consider USPS next time I send something out.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length