RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 342482 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:32 AM »

sorry for your loss, that's terrible. feel free to send a PM if you need someone to talk to, or jump in the chat.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2015, 07:20:55 AM »

Best mate passed away in the early hours of this morning, it seems so unreal.

It dosen't seem that long ago since we're bunking off school to play Moto-racer, tekken and twisted metal, blasting around on motocrossers and getting chased by the police for riding in an old quarry. Then there's been loads of top nights out with masses of drunken stupidity and pranks and then bang its all over.  The dopey bastard who's been my mate for 20 odd years and the devoted father to his 2 kids is just gone. 33 is no fucking age.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I also offer my sympathies, prayer, and PM if you are up to chatting. :|

Keelah se'lai
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2015, 12:15:12 PM »

Cheers for the support it's really appreciated, I feel better just venting a bit, I still trying to get my head around it.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2015, 03:39:37 AM »

Hey, isn't it almost free Slurpee day for you people with 7-11s nearby?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »

Yes.

On another note: job interview Monday morning. Need some redemption. This is not a test of faith.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2015, 06:11:44 AM »

I thought you found a job, GrayGhost?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2015, 07:39:36 AM »

I thought you found a job, GrayGhost?

I did, and it sucks. Looking for a better one.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »

Yes.

On another note: job interview Monday morning. Need some redemption. This is not a test of faith.

Good luck with the interview man.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »

Thanks. It went well but wasn't the right fit for me. Keep on keeping on.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »

I know the feeling.  I've interviewed for a number of jobs over the last 5 or 6 years, but none of them have felt right, so I've been at my current job 10 years.  At least what I have pays the bills Smiley

Good luck with your continued search!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2015, 08:15:43 PM »

I know the feeling.  I've interviewed for a number of jobs over the last 5 or 6 years, but none of them have felt right, so I've been at my current job 10 years.  At least what I have pays the bills Smiley

Good luck with your continued search!

I hear ya.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »

This is the last day of July of 2015.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »

This is the last day of July of 2015.

Not in Australia it isn't.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »

Hey everyone. Been a little off and on with the site lately. Not like I've posted a ton since I've been here, but it has sort of not been on my mind as of late.

WARNING: This post contains bummers and stuff that may make you sad, but too bad. It has to be said at this point.

On July 16, my family lost a very wonderful woman, my wife's aunt. She was going through some very tough times and just couldn't take it anymore. We all tried. We visited her. Talked with her. She had a new grandchild coming in September. Her son was going to be visiting from the military tomorrow. She took her own life. There was no indication that she would even try something like it.

Last night, we lost a member of RF Generation. Alfador (Dustin Foote) took his own life last night. I don't know all of the details of what he was going through as we only talked infrequently, but he was a good guy.

If you at any time feel that you need to talk to someone, please feel free to contact me. If you want/need my info, send me a PM and I'll happily let you know how to get me outside of the forums.

If you don't feel comfortable with that and you need help, call 1 (800) 273-8255 or visit http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. Things really can get better. I was dealing with depression myself to the point where I was on medication. It takes time, but things can get better. I'll certainly be there to try to help if you need.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2015, 01:59:46 PM »

My deep sympathy, Adam.  I'm sorry for your family's loss, as well as the loss of Mr. Foote.

And I champion and second your offer to be there for anyone in need. I'm also always open to PMs, texts, phone calls or even visits anytime. Please never let any need be unaddressed, as anyone who reads this does not have to be alone.

Keelah se'lai
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length