RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Title Formatting Guide 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Title Formatting Guide  (Read 23841 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »

The Waku Waku example is just taken directly from Nintendo and how they formatted it: https://www.nintendo.com/...neogeo-waku-waku-7-switch

Hard to fault the submitter for using copy/paste, but either is fine with me unless we need to codify this. This should probably be added to the wiki and updated from there. If you guys find other things that should be added to the wiki, be sure to let me know.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 05:08:54 AM »

Actually the submitter didn't over-capitalise, but two other entries in the DB relating to the ACA NeoGeo series did (note emphasis on past tense) in line with Nintendo's digital storefront.  It was unpleasant to look at even with only 2 entries side by side.  I dread to imagine what all 64 entries together would have looked like in a search.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 07:22:15 AM »

Number one title gripe for me is people missing the colons out. Many times I have worked through long lists of titles adding colons in so things sort properly (I’m sad, I know)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »

Not sad - dedicated! Wink

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »

Re:Ōkami

Now that the latest HD releases of this game in the DB has stopped using the Ō-symbol as the main title, can I change the previous submissions to reflect that as well? Noone really writes it like that anyway, and I know it would look a lot better when I'm sorting through my titles =)

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »

i'm of the opinion that the accented title probably shouldn't have been accepted as the main title in the first place as it screws up any notion of an alphabetical order.  That said, from what I've seen, "Okami" still uses the accent in  the title.  It doesn't use it in the copyright info, but i don't think it ever did use it in the copyright info.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2018, 05:01:22 PM »

I think having it make alphabetical sense is a good enough cause. Just switch the main title for the alt if you can.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »

Agree in this case it should be changed to go in the correct place.

However I don’t know why that ō isnt sorted with the other o’s. I seem to remember seeing somewhere in the past other accented letters being alphabetically sorted as if they were non accented. So there must be something you can do in the coding.

I was going to bring Okami up when the site gets a coder again and ask them to look into sorting ō properly. For now changing to a standard ō makes sense though I reckon
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length