RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | 999 - Modern Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 999 - Modern Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 24847 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »

Congrats! You don't have to pixel hunt, but tap everything in all the rooms when it's your first time in a certain room.

Just right down the codes for the brief cases, Douglie. Since you'll be replaying this at least once more you probably don't want to go through the whole process of the escaping the first room.

This is definitely a very unconventional game for a Community Playthrough so I'm really happy you guys are giving it your best. I'm working towards the "true" ending today because I'm snowed in, so if anyone gets stuck just PM me.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »

Congrats! You don't have to pixel hunt, but tap everything in all the rooms when it's your first time in a certain room.

Just right down the codes for the brief cases, Douglie. Since you'll be replaying this at least once more you probably don't want to go through the whole process of the escaping the first room.

This is definitely a very unconventional game for a Community Playthrough so I'm really happy you guys are giving it your best. I'm working towards the "true" ending today because I'm snowed in, so if anyone gets stuck just PM me.

so when play it again, I dont have to find the codes to trigger the event to open things?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »

No, you have to do the puzzles over again, but I think the suggestion is that you can skip certain parts in some rooms to move about the game quicker. On your second playthrough and beyond you can scroll through text you have already seen quicker as well.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »

Yeah, I worded that post very poorly. What I meant to say is that you'll want to write down the passcodes to the briefcases so you just need to find their keys, open them, then escape the room.

You'll always have to replay the rooms but, as Banana said, you can skip any dialogue you've already seen.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 08:23:19 PM »

Just finished getting all the endings. I must have a half dozen pages of notes and puzzle solutions. The true ending is so great and completely worth getting.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »

Just finished getting all the endings. I must have a half dozen pages of notes and puzzle solutions. The true ending is so great and completely worth getting.

Looking forward to it. 3/6 so far...

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »

Im not going very fast, but should have my first ending by the 7th

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 05:26:55 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:30:22 AM by Raidou » Logged
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 05:51:30 AM »

BAD END

Spoiler (hover to show)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »

We will be posting how to get the good ending during the last week in February if you are still having trouble.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »

It helps to write down the series of doors you've gone through, as well the decisions you made. That will help you find different endings. Don't worry though, towards the end of the end month I'll post a link to a guide for the "true ending."

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »

BTW, has anyone else noticed something odd about door #8?
Spoiler (hover to show)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »

BTW, has anyone else noticed something odd about door #8?
Spoiler (hover to show)

Yes, I noticed. The reason will perhaps be revealed to you later. Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 09:31:48 AM »

I somewhat agree with that. Lotus takes charge and breaks into the computer so we have to assume that she's needed for this room. On the other hand, everything is laid out exactly the way it is on purpose. As Rich said, this will be revealed later.

Besides, let's give Junpei the benefit of the doubt. He's a smart cookie; he could have figured out how to get into the computer. Wink

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »

sooo much talking, I wish I could get to the first ending... how close am I, I just got through rooms 7/8 ?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length