RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:30:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Game Room Tour 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Room Tour 2015  (Read 4437 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: February 06, 2015, 05:55:29 PM »

finally made an updated room tour! much shorter than the last one, check it out:
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »

I love that N64 collection.  The boxes look great.  It's fun to see other people's Collections.

PS. = I like that star fox box.  Where on earth did you get that.   Tongue
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:30:48 PM »

I love that N64 collection.  The boxes look great.  It's fun to see other people's Collections.

PS. = I like that star fox box.  Where on earth did you get that.   Tongue

thanks! i think the starfox box came from a local reseller that i buy from, but it was quite a while ago now so i can't remember for sure. it's oversized to fit the rumble pak in there too,  i don't think it's particularly hard to find though.

edit: i forgot to mention in the video, but every cardboard boxed game except a handful have box protectors. that's why they all looked so shiny.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »

Uhh... There's only one Star Fox N64 box, right? Besides the Players Choice version.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:45:15 PM »

Uhh... There's only one Star Fox N64 box, right? Besides the Players Choice version.

as far as i know, yes. player's choice is a standard sized box without the rumble pak, and all the original releases came with the rumble pak. this was the first n64 game to have rumble support i believe, so they made a big deal about it.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »

I was just being silly b/c I think I sent u that box as a make up gift b/c u didn't receive a secret santa gift one year.  I could be mistaken though.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »

I was just being silly b/c I think I sent u that box as a make up gift b/c u didn't receive a secret santa gift one year.  I could be mistaken though.

ohh right, ya it was a secret santa gift, i remember now. sorry i always forget where i got specific things from. thanks for the box, much appreciated!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »

You must have the most neat and tidy collection ever Smiley

It looks great! Sad to hear the Neo Geo is gone though, I would love to have one of those.

I think that is a subwoofer on the floor next to your N64 shelving. People don't seem to worry about magnets and eeproms very much. I do though, not because I think putting a game cart up against a magnet will mess up the game but because I wonder about it long term. I think we are all going to be in the hobby for many years....I wonder if having a eeprom/game cart next to a large magnet is a good thing. Maybe I worry about it too much, haha.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »

So many N64 games! :O

I wonder if having a eeprom/game cart next to a large magnet is a good thing.
I don't think it would have any effect on the games. The data isn't stored magnetically on them.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

i never thought about that, but ya i'm not too worried about it. i guess technically i should be more worried that the subwoofer is inches away from my PC tower that has magnetic hard drives in it. i've had that PC for over 5 years now though and the hard drive in it for 4 years, no problems yet...though the subwoofer has only been in that position for the past year or so. still, no problems yet so we'll see.

So many N64 games! :O

still another hundred or so to go Smiley i'm at 195/296, with 15 of those still unboxed.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:12:19 PM by techwizard » Logged
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »

Nice!  I'd forgotten just how awesome and neat a wall of N64 games looks.  Something about the colors.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 07:46:21 PM »

Looks really nice! You have a great space.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »

I love these collection tour videos.  I don't collect cardboard, but I'm jealous of all of those boxed N64 games.

Out of all of those big boxed CE's, I'm kinda surprised you're planning on getting rid of your Skyrim CE.  I have one too, and I consider the Alduin statue to be one of the coolest pieces in my collection.  I understand the need to downsize and let go of some of those things (and have done so myself in the past), but that one is a keeper in my opinion.

I've considered making a video like this of my own collection, but unfortunately I don't think my gaming space is really much to look at right now.  Maybe I'll clean it up a bit soon and see if I can make it worthy of a video.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »

Out of all of those big boxed CE's, I'm kinda surprised you're planning on getting rid of your Skyrim CE.  I have one too, and I consider the Alduin statue to be one of the coolest pieces in my collection.  I understand the need to downsize and let go of some of those things (and have done so myself in the past), but that one is a keeper in my opinion.

it is really cool, but like i said in the video it's the PS3 version and i'd rather have the PC one, i already have the game in the PC Anthology, and i'm generally not a fan of the elder scrolls. that and the condition on my copy there was pretty rough.

personally i think the Bioshock 2 collector's edition is cooler because it has the game's soundtrack on an actual record that's fully functional.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »

Loved the video! You can really see what drives you as a collector. What are you looking to add to your collection?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length