RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:40:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Batman: Arkham Origins - Modern Playthrough - March 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Origins - Modern Playthrough - March 2015  (Read 13559 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

Yeah. I realize the irony of my spoiler tag, being the amount of people who have joined so far.

Speaking of which, I completely missed Raidou signing up! Sorry I missed you there man, have you had a chance to start the game? Thoughts?

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 12:25:25 AM »

Played last night and got to the checkpoint.  

Deathstroke was a pain to take down, but at least you knew you were dealing with a naughty donkey.  

EDIT: I agree with you that the boss fights so far have not been as much fun as the other 2 games.

Spoiler (hover to show)

The game so far seems to be almost-but-not-quite Arkham City.  I'm enjoying seeing some of the under-appreciated Batman villains get some attention, and I'm eager to see how the Firefly boss fight plays out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:28:21 AM by Raidou » Logged
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 04:42:25 AM »

I have just started and im where you do an investigation on the dead body, it want me to choose an item but i cant highlight it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »

Welcome aboard Doug! Try looking in different parts of the room and pay attention to the parts where you can rewind and slow down the scene. I think I know exactly what you're looking for, so if you still can't find it, post here again.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

I have just started and im where you do an investigation on the dead body, it want me to choose an item but i cant highlight it.

Is it where you have to hack that thing that looks like an ATM (the thing that exploded and hurled the guy through the wall)? If it is you'll have to press down and left at the same time on the D Pad to highlight it.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 05:41:40 AM »

Week two checkpoint is up.

How's everyone doing? Are you guys taking on side missions and collectibles or just b-lining through the story?

How are you spec-ing out your Batman?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 12:24:38 PM »

I'm sorry for the glarey picture here but I had to post it to illustrate why I never go for collectibles in these kind of games. Reach under the barrier and grab it, moron!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 09:11:45 PM »

If collectables gave you more than just trophies I'd keep an eye out for them.

Since we're playing a Batman game, it's worth mentioning our favourite Batman actors/voice actors. Mine is Christian Bale.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »

I tend to pick up collectibles and side missions (although I don't always finish them).  So far, I have..
Spoiler (hover to show)

I like Christian Bale because he is one of the few Batman actors who plays both personae distinctly. Kevin Conroy is a close second (although he would have to be almost by default).

EDIT: Copperhead down

EDIT:
Came across this amusing glitch on The Final Offer...

Yep, hanging onto a ledge that doesn't exist.

Not as interesting, but saw this little oddity last week:

Picking up the Disruptor, then aiming the batarang with L2 causes the text for both items to appear.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:22:55 PM by Raidou » Logged
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »

Bummer, I will not be participating in this.  I have Arkham City on Wii U, and plan to get Origins at some point, but I haven't played through Asylum, and want to play through them in order of release, and I just haven't scored a copy of Asylum yet.

You know this is a prequel right? As such, it won't affect the story of Asylum and basically only add to the background for it. Never played this series, but from what I have read, not playing in release order really doesn't create a story conflict in this case.

I didn't realize that, but I guess I'd wonder if playing through the newest installment (via release date) would tarnish the experience of the previous games in any way, in terms of gameplay mechanics, or if anything's been improved over the previous 2 games that I'll miss when I go backward?  Granted, I still don't own a copy, so the point is largely moot, but I'm wondering if, when I actually acquire all 3 games, it makes a difference in what order I play them.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »

You'll want some of the improvements. I'd suggest playing through the others first.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 04:54:16 AM »

Week three checkpoint is up. This will put you into a series of missions that takes you all the way through the end of the game, but if you're still interested in side stuff, or getting all the "Most Wanted," you can do it after the credits roll. So, if you feel like going all the way and finishing the story this week, that would make sense in a lot of ways. Enjoy!

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 08:03:58 AM »

Took down Firefly last night.  Also took the time to take on three of the Most Wanted boss fights.  In what I assume is the final dungeon.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »

Thanks for checking in! Because I am an idiot I gave away my copy of the game before taking a crack at any of the side bosses.

Which ones did you do, and how did they compare to the main bosses?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 08:25:32 AM »

I haven't been posted here much but I'm still playing the game. Last week was super busy so I had no time to play which means I'm catching up this week. Right now I'm about half way through. My plan is to finish before Sunday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length