RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | MediEvil - Retro Playthrough - March 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: MediEvil - Retro Playthrough - March 2015  (Read 13809 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:46:51 AM »

PLATFORMS
PSX
PSN
PSP (remade as MediEvil: Resurrection)

PARTICIPANTS:
Bildtstar
Disposed Hero
douglie007
singlebanana

ACHIEVEMENTS
1. Rescue all of the faeries and collect all of the nectar during the ant hill side quest
2. Defeat the Pumpkin Serpent
3. Finish "The Sleeping Village" without harming any villagers
4. Summon & defeat the Dragon
5. Save all of the farmers at the "Haunted Ruins"
6. Collect all 9 bottles without using the cheat
7. Collect all 20 chalices for the "best" ending
8. Finish the game

CHECKPOINTS
Week 1 - Complete the "Scarecrow Fields"
Week 2 - Play through the Asylum levels & defeat the Pumpkin Serpent
Week 3 - Complete "Gallow's Gauntlet"
Week 4 - Defeat Zarok and finish the game
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:53:34 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »

I have heard good things, seen good screenshots/gameplay, but have never owned/played this sleeper hit. Enjoy guys. Gonna go Modern only, for the second month in a row.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:07:05 AM »

This is going to be my first Playthrough, count me in!

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:10:05 AM »

I want to do this play-through, but need to find a copy of the game for my PS1 first

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »

This is going to be my first Playthrough, count me in!

Awesome! Very happy to have you along.

MediEvil is the game I have been wanting to play and share with everyone since we started these playthroughs. I first played it when it came out in 1998 on a whim (probably because I liked the cover art). It's a really funny and well-designed game that I hope all of the participants enjoy.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »

I try to hit every retro playthrough, but I'll be missing this one. Just got too much on my plate and March is typically an extremely busy month for me. I don't know anything about this game...perhaps I'll check it out in the future. Enjoy!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »

I hate that you won't be able to join us Jerry. I was hoping for your feedback on the game. The game averages about 6-8 hours, so not a very long one if you find the time.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »

If it's only 6-8 hours I'm sure I can find the time. Just looked on eBay and there doesn't seem to be that many copies available (rarity guide has it at 74% fwiw). If I can snipe one at a good price, I'm in. Even if I have to join mid-month.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »

Good to know Smiley

I've already started playing through the game to establish checkpoints and work up some achievements. This is my third playthrough of this game, and I must say, it holds up. Well.....maybe the graphics are a bit dated. Ha! The kids are really loving watching me play, so I may have to record some commentary from them at some point.

Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »

The kids are really loving watching me play, so I may have to record some commentary from them at some point.

I think I'll (have to) ask my kids if they can help me out with this game. Make it a sort of 'family playthough'

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »

The kids are really loving watching me play, so I may have to record some commentary from them at some point.

I think I'll (have to) ask my kids if they can help me out with this game. Make it a sort of 'family playthough'

The game has some creepy creatures in it, but it's very comical and tongue and cheek, so it doesn't scare kids. It was heavily influenced by the films of Tim Burton and the music of Danny Elfman, and it is very evident.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

I want to do this play-through, but need to find a copy of the game for my PS1 first

I'm not sure how close to the original it is, but MediEvil: Resurrection on the PSP is a cheaper alternative. I know the game is also downloadable. The sponsor of the Collectorcast, Off The Charts Video Games has a copy. The Collectorcast mentions a code in their podcast where you can receive a discount.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »

Achievements posted. Week #1 Checkpoint coming soon.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »

The first checkpoint is up.  Ladies & gentlemen, start your engines!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 05:09:10 PM »

I still need a copy, so i might be playing late, or ill brake down and get it for my psp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length